Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilroyjc
Reel Rookie

How do I get different commercials? All I get is a relentless stream of—-

— prescription medication commercials and it is both tiresome and depressing. 

is there any way to change parameters to whatever algorithm is pushing pills and shots? Maybe put something fun and enjoyable instead?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I get different commercials? All I get is a relentless stream of—-

In a word, no. The provider of the channel has sole control of the ads that run within their channel. For The Roku Channel, that of course is Roku, but many other channels have commercials as well, and those providers have complete control of their ads. The channel providers would have to offer some sort of ad user control within their channel, and I don't personally know of any that do. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ohiogurl62

Re: How do I get different commercials? Careful what you wish for

Be glad...because The Roku commercial for some cooking show Sushi Masters (UGH) is the absolute worst!!!
Sometimes it's the only commercial that plays on the Anger Management Channel and the volume goes up on the most annoying part😤

I'm a 61 year old lady who wants to throw a brick at the TV when it comes on, over and over and over!

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How do I get different commercials? Careful what you wish for

Commercials on the Anger Management Channel sounds like a contradiction of terms! 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos