Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jez2k1
Reel Rookie

How do I add Roku Streams as a channel on the Home screen?

I can get to Roku Photo Streams from Settings > Theme > Screensavers and have successfully set it up to be the screensaver.

How do I add Roku Photo Streams as a channel that's available from the home screen?

The options I get when I access it via Settings > Theme > Screensavers are: go to channel, preview, remove Screensaver, my rating, and give us feedback. Where is add channel to home????

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I add Roku Streams as a channel on the Home screen?

Have you looked in the Channel Store as you would for any other app?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jez2k1
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have looked in the Channel Store. It does not show up as an option.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

This is on the Streaming Stick 3600 I have connected to my desktop computer monitor:

• To start with, I already had Photo Streams installed as an app and selected as my screensaver.
  • Went in to Search from the Roku home page.
  • Started typing PHOTO STREAMS into the search field.
  • Roku Photo Streams popped up in results before I got the entire first word entered.  Since I already had it installed it had a checkmark on it. 
  • I went ahead and uninstalled it.  The process had me confirm I was deleting my screensaver.  It reset my screensaver to one of its scrolling screensavers (didn't note which one).  Confirmed Photo Streams was gone from both my home page channel grid and list of installed screensavers.
  • Repeated search as above, confirming I got the same result as before via Search, but no check mark on it.  Did not install yet.
  • Repeated search via Streaming Store menu option with same results.  Installed from there.  Had to reset Photo Streams as my screensaver.  Confirmed Photo Streams now shows on channel grid and is my chosen screensaver again, with my uploaded photos still intact.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jez2k1
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku Express 4k+ 3941.

Roku Photo Stream shows up when I search for it via "add channel" but "add app" is not an option when I click on it like it is for the other search results. See pics.

1000005873.jpg

1000005874.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jez2k1,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this concern that you have with the photo stream. Please try to restart the Roku device by going to settings, system, and system restart. Try again to search the channel and see if the option "add channel" is visible.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jez2k1
Reel Rookie

I didn't see this until now; sorry. I only came to check my post because Roku PhotoStreams has randomly shown up as an app on my homescreen without me knowingly doing anything to put it there. Thanks for the reply though!

0 Kudos