Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnchaplain
Reel Rookie

How to fix The Weather Channel app not working on my Roku streaming device

i have done all this several times and the channel still does not come in. I do have a 1gb streamer. I did contact The Weather Channel - waiting for a response from them.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix The Weather Channel app not working on my Roku streaming device

Hi @mnchaplain,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem on The Weather Channel. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV) Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to open the channel? Can you please specify what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? With more details, we will be able to assist you further.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davidwajr
Reel Rookie

Good luck getting TWC tech team to fix their Roku app anytime soon. Lol! I sent them an email about two months ago explaining how their latest update broke the animated radar. At first the rep was completely confused and replied by asking me which device (Roku, Fire Stick, etc) I used to watch TWC, even though my subject line clearly stated "Roku TWC app". They say they're aware of the problem and are working on a fix, but it's still broken. 

0 Kudos
mnchaplain
Reel Rookie

Thank you for asking what I have done so far. These are the operations I have completed with the advice of TWC techs. Just a note: TWC has worked in the past, only in the last few weeks am I not able to bring it up.

Highlighted TWC and clicked on the star and "remove channel."  found out that before I can remove channel, i must unsubscribe from TWC. The only action I could take was to turn off "auto renew" which I did. TWC did unsubscribe me from their end, however,

again i tried to remove channel and subsequently highlighting TWC and pressing t

he star, there is no item in the menu to "remove channel." I spoke into the remote using the microphone button, saying "uninstall channel." a pop up menu came on and said, "uninstall channel is not supported."B

i have reset the Roku streaming bar several times and does not work. i unplugged the Roku streaming bar and waiting 10 seconds as a suggestion found online. Nope. 

My last resort was to reset xfinity - unplug/reset xfinity modem. Nope.

Thank you for any help, otherwise, i will just not use TWC

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mnchaplain,

Thanks for your reply!

If you pay for your subscription via Roku Pay, the only way you'll be able to watch it is through the premium section on The Roku Channel. You also won't be able to delete the channel until you do so in this section: How to manage subscriptions It is highly likely that the channel developer team needs to perform some sort of update on this case in order to address this issue. Roku serves merely as a host for the channels that are accessible through the platform.

It appears that you have been in contact with them recently; we would recommend maintaining your collaboration with them in order to receive additional assistance on this matter.

Please get back to us or provide an update on the situation.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Guildmom

We have the top of line stream bar by Roku.  We have reached out to TWC support for Roku and they keep saying they are "working on it" .  However there are no updates ever from them and situation persists.  The issue began for us with the Feb 15th, 2024 update.  Until then TWC worked fine.  Now it says to log in..we log in... tells us we have a subscription already and to stream but its stuck on 7 day trial screen.  Tried selecting it anyway..says you are already subscribed and wont connect through.tried every update and refresh...cannot remove channel as it is a subscription.

0 Kudos