Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BettyLinstead
Reel Rookie

How can I get Fox News through Roku?

Jump to solution

How can I get Fox News through Roku?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I get Fox News through Roku?

Jump to solution

We're grateful for your first post here in the Roku Community, @BettyLinstead!

Thanks for getting in touch. We'd be happy to help you install the Fox News app on your Roku. 

We have options to help you install the Fox News app on your Roku streaming devices. Kindly check the steps below:

Adding apps from your Roku device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Store 
  3. Select Channels, then browse by genre, recommended, featured, top free, and other categories
  4. When you want to learn more about an app, press OK on your remote
  5. If the app is free, select Add channel; if the app requires a subscription, select OK to start a free trial or purchase a subscription

The app will be added to the bottom of the list of apps on the home screen. If you prefer, the app can be moved higher up the list.

Adding apps from the website

1. Go to channelstore.roku.com
  2. Sign in to your Roku account
  3. Browse the categories and genres, or search to find a specific app and select Details to learn more about an app
  4. Select Add channel to install the app on your Roku device

If the app does not appear on your Roku device, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

For more information regarding this, you may visit this support article: How to add apps to your Roku streaming device

We hope this helps and have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
MasonNeck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to the app store and download Fox News app.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful for your first post here in the Roku Community, @BettyLinstead!

Thanks for getting in touch. We'd be happy to help you install the Fox News app on your Roku. 

We have options to help you install the Fox News app on your Roku streaming devices. Kindly check the steps below:

Adding apps from your Roku device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Store 
  3. Select Channels, then browse by genre, recommended, featured, top free, and other categories
  4. When you want to learn more about an app, press OK on your remote
  5. If the app is free, select Add channel; if the app requires a subscription, select OK to start a free trial or purchase a subscription

The app will be added to the bottom of the list of apps on the home screen. If you prefer, the app can be moved higher up the list.

Adding apps from the website

1. Go to channelstore.roku.com
  2. Sign in to your Roku account
  3. Browse the categories and genres, or search to find a specific app and select Details to learn more about an app
  4. Select Add channel to install the app on your Roku device

If the app does not appear on your Roku device, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

For more information regarding this, you may visit this support article: How to add apps to your Roku streaming device

We hope this helps and have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Currently, the Fox News app is a TV Everywhere app. You must have a subscription to a cable, satellite, or steaming TV service (YouTube TV, Fubo, etc...) where Fox News is part of your package. There is currently no standalone subscription to the regular Fox News Channel. The closest is Fox Nation, which is mostly second-hand Fox News.

0 Kudos
TCib

Jump to solution

I pay for the Fox News Channel, why can't I watch it LIVE?

0 Kudos
TCib

Jump to solution

I already subscribe to this channel

0 Kudos
TCib

Jump to solution

I want to watch it live.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @TCib!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be happy to help you stream the Fox News Live on your Roku device.

Visit our Roku Blog for more information regarding this matter and to help you stream Fox News Live on your Roku device. 

How to watch FOX networks without cable on Roku devices | Roku Blog

Let us know if you have further clarification or are in need of any assistance!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

How are you subscribing? Again, I know of no direct subscription for the regular Fox News, only Fox Nation. If you have a TV service with Fox News, then the app should work, but I don't know if it offers a live feed. Some cable/satellite services may offer streaming on devices (like Xfinity Stream), but outside your home network, some channels may not be available.

Basically, it's up to Fox News as to how and where you can watch them live.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.