Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonorankiwi
Binge Watcher

How Long Does It Take Roku to Add New Content From Premier Channels?

I've noticed that if I subscribe to a premier channel through Roku, new content does not appear on that channel when it does on the channel itself (ie the channel when subscribed to directly, instead of through Roku). For instance, I have been receiving notifications that new episodes of a particular show are now available on Discovery+, but they are not available on *our* Discovery+ subscription, which is through Roku.

How long does it take Roku to add new content to the premier streaming service listings that it handles?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How Long Does It Take Roku to Add New Content From Premier Channels?

What do you mean by “through Roku”?  If you mean stand-alone channel/apps, like the Discovery App on your home screen, then that is under control of the app-writer (Discovery) and likely happens essentially instantaneously.  On the other hand, some content can also be subscribed to inside the Roku Channel App.  In that case, you are running Roku’s app, and I really don’t know how that app interacts with the content providers or whether updates happen at the same speed with various providers.

I would generally recommend making accounts directly with content providers and signing into those accounts using their apps, because then you can contact them for answers.  With Roku, it can be hard to find someone who knows anything, if you can get a response at all.

Banned but back. Because why not?
sonorankiwi
Binge Watcher

Re: How Long Does It Take Roku to Add New Content From Premier Channels?

"Through Roku" means *not* standalone apps.

0 Kudos