Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History channel won't load

I can not seem to get the History channel to load. I have a spinning circle but kicks back to home page. I uninstalled it and re installed it and did updates but it still won't load .pleas help if you know how to fix .

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

Re: History channel won't load

Roku does not make the History channel for Roku. A&E does. it’s possible there’s a temporary service issue with their servers. Give it some time it’ll probably work in a few hours. 

0 Kudos
sswr

I've been informed by A and E that this is a known issue, and  they are working to resolve it.

0 Kudos
Karenlitt
Reel Rookie

What’s strange is, the History app works on my Roku Express 4K, but not on my Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KYFarmer
Channel Surfer

Still having this problem (12 July) and did all these troubleshooting steps. Same issue with A&E.

What was the solution?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @KYFarmer

We're here to help!

Could you tell us specifically what happens when you launch the affected channels? Also, how are you accessing the apps? Was it the standalone channels from your home screen or through The Roku Channel?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ScionCylon
Reel Rookie

The History channel logo comes up the circle underneath is spinning, the channel opens for a split second then goes back to the room home screen

0 Kudos
KYFarmer
Channel Surfer

In going thru the Roku main menu using the History and A&E apps. The logo loads then a quick flash of a History channel, then the screen goes back to the Roku main menu.

Ive reloaded the apps, restart the Roku device, reconnect the network. The problem continues. It's been over a week and still not able to get the History channel to load.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@ScionCylon @KYFarmer

Thanks for the reply.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator