Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

History channel and a&e can see live but not past shows

Jump to solution

I can view A&E and History live but when I go to SHOWS and try to view older shows I get the audio but the video is just a stationary opening screen and no video.   Seems like it just started.  I reset Roku, deleted and readded History, reset router, tried everything same result on all Roku 4K Sticks.  I can see everything on my PC but not on Roku.  TV provider is Optimum.  Any solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

Re: History channel and a&e can see live but not past shows

Jump to solution

I havent done anything for a few days and today all of a sudden (no changes by me) I can now see the older History shows that before were audio only.  As of right now History works like it used to and all is well.   I have no idea why unless something changed at History (or Roku or Optimum or ????)

I can see live as always and now see everything..

If anything changes I will add a comment.  Strange.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JimmyBoy2

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on History Channel and A&E Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected History Channel and A&E Channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

1.  This only happens on History and A&E.

2. I have deleted (A&W and History), rebooted Roku,  and readded and rebooted Roku and reset network modem several times.   This happens on multiple Roku devices and tvs

3. I have removed AE and History, completely unplugged Roku re added and still same result.

4. History and AE work fine on my PC.  But not on Roku TV

No change overnight either.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @JimmyBoy2

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the A&E Network Channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting A&E Network Channel to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Am I the only one having this problem?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I installed AandE to check this out.  No problem here.  Since this channel requires a TV provider account, try logging out of your tv provider account then back in.

On AandE, go to Settings in the menu at the top of the screen, then TV Provider in the left menu.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I tried all that.  HOWEVER I noticed something.  My TV provider is Optimum and that is what I selected on the Roku install, but on the History and AE TV "provider screen" in settings, it says signed in with Cablevision yet the top of the same screen says signed in with optimum.

Somehow when I selected optimum during the install process it now says cablevision.

Is that the issue?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JimmyBoy2--

Try logging out from within the channel app and logging back in using your Optimum credentials and see if that was the issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
JimmyBoy2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried that several times.  I have always been able to see live shows just not any of the older not live stuff

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JimmyBoy2 

Thanks for the reply.

As previously mentioned by @RokuLianna above, channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. We would recommend reaching out to the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos