Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hisense Roku TV all channel freezes

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense Roku tv. When I use YouTube TV. Every live channel freezes unless I go to resume watching or misc. in my DVR which doesn't always work. I have to connect either my computer or my iPad which doesn't always work or bad quality. I have tried everything and nothing works, except when I unplug the tv more than a minute. It will work just for the channel it comes on, then when you change the channel, it freezes again. Every channel freezes again. I have called YouTube tv support and start talking to a non-human. Give tips for trying to solve the problem. You press o to talk to a real person and it does nothing. I tried typing my serial number and other numbers on the Hisense support page. It doesn't recognize anything.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV all channel freezes

Jump to solution

Hi @JediKnight1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that your Hisense Roku TV screen freezes whenever you attempt to change the channel. We'd be more than willing to provide additional troubleshooting steps for this issue.

We highly suggest you try the following.

Restart your Roku TV:
To restart your Roku TV, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Reset the network connection:

3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

After the network reset is done, your Roku device will restart and you will need to return to the Settings menu and set up your wireless network again.

You can also try to restart your modem for 10 seconds before connecting back your Hisense Roku TV to the internet.

For reference, you can visit our Roku support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV all channel freezes

Jump to solution

Hi @JediKnight1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that your Hisense Roku TV screen freezes whenever you attempt to change the channel. We'd be more than willing to provide additional troubleshooting steps for this issue.

We highly suggest you try the following.

Restart your Roku TV:
To restart your Roku TV, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Reset the network connection:

3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

After the network reset is done, your Roku device will restart and you will need to return to the Settings menu and set up your wireless network again.

You can also try to restart your modem for 10 seconds before connecting back your Hisense Roku TV to the internet.

For reference, you can visit our Roku support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.