Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PriVate17
Channel Surfer

Re: Haystack News screensaver

I agree.  I bought their devices to put on all my televisions because of this Haystack Screensaver.  The benefit for Roku is that I also then use their device to watch Roku content, Disney, Apple, Amazon, Paramount, etc.  If Roku does disable Haystack, I will go back to using Amazon Firsticks and Google TV devices.

I have all these devices but chose to use Roku for the Haystack Screensaver.

Ladydml411
Reel Rookie

I don't want to lose this screen saver it's so awesome 

Ladydml411
Reel Rookie

I may result into other and not use roku if haystack goes away. 

kwclaryjr

Sometimes having news and weather scroll by with pictures and sources is perfect. I'd like to keep it has part of my Roku experience. It has a calming effect on me. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Has anyone asked Haystack why they don't just create a stand-alone screensaver?  Seems like a simple solution.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TammyG

I just emailed the "Content Director" at SEconomou@roku.com. Hopefully I'll get a response. I HATE to think of stupid digital screensavers! 

Matt2h
Reel Rookie

Thank you for posting that! I sent a direct message about this to Roku support through social media and they thanked me for sharing my feedback. I recommend that others share theirs as well! 

Youinvade

I hope ROKU reconsiders removing or altering ANY of HAYSTACK News on “Roku platform”. Roku has been the best streaming product. However as a consumer i do have other streaming platforms options. I would like to remain loyaI to Roku Only if HAYSTACK need and screensaver continues to work 

PriVate17
Channel Surfer

I fully agree.  Roku is shooting themselves in the foot.  By creating trivial policies that cause the loss of whatever truly valuable content available on Roku, they are eliminating the advantage of using their product over the competition.

I give up the view of my security cameras on some of my TV'S that I would get with Amazon Firestick in order to have Haystack News Screensaver through Roku.

If Roku continues with their stupidity and removes Hastack News Screensaver I will remove the six Roku devices I am currently using.

The Roku system has been working just find with Haystack news... obviously there is no truly good reason for Roku to do what they are doing othet than some manager their lacks wisdom.

Investors take note: when you see a company like Roku employing managers and policy makers who lack wisdom, you know the company's stocks are about to hit the floor.

0 Kudos
PriVate17
Channel Surfer

Any update?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.