Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walkav8r

Having trouble signing into max through Amazon account

I pay for HBO Max through Amazon prime but when I tried to sign in on my Roku account, it does not recognize it. I don’t have this problem with other TVs in my house.  I use Firestick on my other TVs. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Having trouble signing into max through Amazon account

That’s a common problem if you use a third-party like Amazon to pay for content – it often only works only on devices made by that third-party.  If you want to watch content on a variety of platforms, it is better to subscribe directly with each content company, and then sign-in on your various devices.  (ie: don’t use Amazon, or Roku, or Apple etc. as a payment system.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Having trouble signing into max through Amazon account

@Walkav8r-

Your Max account is with Amazon, so that's why you can access it on Amazon Firestick devices.   On Roku you may be able to access via the Amazon Prime app instead of the stand-alone Max app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X