Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alfred08
Binge Watcher

Can't remove cinematic sound

Jump to solution

When I try and remove the cinematic sound item from the home screen I get an error "not connected to the internet"

I can go into any other app and it works.  I can also check the internet connection and it works.

How can I remove this unwanted app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alfred08
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't remove cinematic sound

Jump to solution

Because of all the problems I had with the soundbar I have decided to return it.

I purchased a new Roku 55R4A5R TV 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Alfred08!

We appreciate you for letting us know about not being able to remove the Cinematic Sound app on your Home screen and we'd be more than happy to further assist you with this. 

Before we proceed, could you please confirm which particular Roku player are you having this issue with? Also, have you tried removing it from our official channel store website? Furthermore, you can refer to our Support article on How to remove channels from your Roku streaming device.

If you're still unable to remove the app, please let us know so we can proceed to the next step. We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alfred08
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is a roku soundbar of some kind.  It is about 12 inches long and about 5 inches high and has a speaker builtin

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting us know, @Alfred08.

No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution for this.

Just to confirm, have you tried highlighting the channel tile of the Cinematic Sound app and pressing the star (*) button on your remote to remove it? If not, could you please provide us the available options prompted? A photo of the available option would be great.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alfred08
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Because of all the problems I had with the soundbar I have decided to return it.

I purchased a new Roku 55R4A5R TV 

0 Kudos