Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has TRT World News been removed?

We have enjoyed TRT News for many years, but it seems to be removed .

We've looked at TRT's site, they still show being a Roku channel.

Is this channel removed and if so why? 

We certainly hope it's not some form of censorship.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Has TRT World News been removed?

I wonder if TRT created it using Roku's Direct Publisher?  Roku announced in June that that was going away January 18, 2024 so anyone using it has had about 6 months to adapt their channel to a newer platform.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
SMBD

Perhaps, roku should have BDS applied to it since it clearly is showing bias in the so-called accessibility to the actual news in the world.  The Global South is woefully under represented.  First, the German news program was removed from the world news application, and, now TRT World has been removed.   It's not as though other than Al Jazeera is available.  Turkey and Germany are the 2nd and 3rd largest forces in NATO. 

In so far as TRT World goes, it seems suspect that they would have the channel removed shortly after becoming signatories to the ICJ filing against the state of Israel on charges of state sponsored genocide.

0 Kudos
lcinri

Absolutely disappointed. The coverage of the United Stated had great guests. The global news was factual, unbiased and free of drama. What is next? Aljazzera ? I feel as an American I was able to see a more global viewpoint instead of the opinionated dramatic biased news being reported from inside my myopic country. 

0 Kudos
lcinri

Disappointed and already miss TRTWorld. It just isn't the same online my laptop.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.