Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T7
Reel Rookie

HGTV GO Channel locked but the channel is given with cable provider

Jump to solution

I watched HGTV GO live yesterday and now it’s saying it is not part of my provider package. What is going on????? I had been watching the channel on my tv and wanted to see the rest of the show on Roku but it’s giving me this message about not subscribed with my cable company. This is a lot of **bleep**. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HGTV GO Channel locked but the channel is given with cable provider

Jump to solution

@T7 

I have no experience with the HGTV GO channel but in similar circumstances, users find that logging out of the Channel giving such an error, restarting the Roku device, and then logging back in to the Channel might help.  Basically, you sometimes have to re-authenticate.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@T7 

I have no experience with the HGTV GO channel but in similar circumstances, users find that logging out of the Channel giving such an error, restarting the Roku device, and then logging back in to the Channel might help.  Basically, you sometimes have to re-authenticate.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@T7 

In addition to what @AvsGunnar said, be aware that this happens on all platforms: Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Google/Android TV.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I use several TV Everywhere apps using a cable company login.

Unfortunately, it seems that sometimes the TV Everywhere authentication system is simply down, and any amount of attempting to log back in with a cable provider's credentials won't work.

I've experienced this twice in the past two months.  In one occurrence, it just started working again the next day.  In the other occurrence, it was working again after a couple of hours.

Now that some time has passed, can you try HGTV Go again and report back?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.