Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alphasixty
Channel Surfer

Menu Screen Randomly Rearranging

Anyone else having this strange issue? It's happened twice on my Roku Ultra (about a month apart each), where the channel screen gets completely rearranged randomly when no one is using it.

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Menu Screen Randomly Rearranging

You mean your Roku Home Screen channels such as Netflix or Hulu get rearranged? I have 2 Ultras. Never happens. Is someone else logged into your Roku account. Does someone else share your Roku account but a different device?

0 Kudos
alphasixty
Channel Surfer

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, and no one else uses my account! 

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Log into your Roku account online. Under linked devices is there the only one Roku you have? 

0 Kudos
alphasixty
Channel Surfer

It shows the one in my bedroom, plus the one in the living room (which is the one that rearranges), plus one from 2012 that I no longer have. I take it I should unlink the 2012 one that's no longer in use?

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Well now this changes everything you didn’t say any of this at first. So who has the one from 2012? Did you throw it out? So currently you have two Roku devices one in your bedroom and one in the living room. Are you the only person that uses both those Roku devices? 

0 Kudos
alphasixty
Channel Surfer

Yes, me, my two kids and my wife use both (none of them have messed with the home screen, or even know how to). The one from 2012 I threw out years ago.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Before you threw it out did you do a factory reset? Unlink your old andUnlink your old 2012 Roku and reset your Roku Account password. Maybe your wife or your kids are rearranging things by accident. I imagine your bedroom Roku is in your bedroom and not your kids? The Roku you’re questioning is used by everybody including your children and your wife correct? Are you absolutely 100% positive nobody is rearranging anything even by accident? And when somebody has channels do you have a pin lock on your Roku account? Technically speaking what you’re describing is basically impossible unless somebody’s physically rearranging the channels. You can swap the Roku devices from your bedroom to your living room and see if the problem follows

0 Kudos
alphasixty
Channel Surfer

My wife and I used the living room Roku last night before bed. When we woke up this morning the channels on the home screen were rearranged. Nobody touched the remote in that time. And it wasn't just a channel here or there, I'm talking all the channels completely rearranged. So while it might seem impossible, this has happened twice now.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Swap the living room Roku with the bedroom Roku. Honestly I own nothing but Roku devices. Have own dozens throughout the years. Never have a seen any of my channels get rearranged on their own. Very odd indeed 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.