Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabyzola

Re: HBO Max returns to home screen

Hello, Ive been getting the same problem. I did lots of things to get it works, I already checked the modem, removed the hbo an added it again, I even changed the device in the store, I checked the update, and reset it several times. I dont know what to do, please someone help me

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Gabyzola

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling HBO Max? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
edgarallanpoe1
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max error code and can't authenticate

I've done everything suggested here. Cancelled my sub, removed app, restarted Roku, reinstalled, restarted, tried to log in and nothing works.

This is garbage. Spent an hour with HBO to no avail, another hour with Roku, no luck.

This is shameful.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @edgarallanpoe1,

We apologize this has been your experience.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to HBO Max support directly to share your feedback.

You can them here: HBO Max Support

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
edgarallanpoe1
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-Cwrote:

Hi @edgarallanpoe1,

We apologize this has been your experience.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to HBO Max support directly to share your feedback.

You can them here: HBO Max Support

Regards,
Nimfa

Tried that. Spent an hour with them. It's a shame because I love my Roku but this is the second time this has happened. I have an Ultra now and the same thing happened on my previous Roku. Once it happens, good luck ever getting HBO Max to work on your box. I have an Amazon Firebox, and an Apple TV. None of those other boxes have had this happen. Right now, this issue is a deal killer for me because I watch HBOMax all the time. If the Roku cannot consistently work with the HBOMax software then it is of no use to me. HBO says it's on your end, you say it's on their end....as an end user I couldn't care less whose fault it is. The other devices work and as an end user that is really all that matters to me. You guys need to fix this.

0 Kudos
edgarallanpoe1
Channel Surfer

Still not working...

0 Kudos
XavierMartin
Reel Rookie

You will need to contact HBO Max support directly if you are still experiencing this issue, so that they can further assist you. Roku has a lot of channels that are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves, and as a result are quite popular. 

If you would like to contact HBO Max support, please click here: https://help.hbomax.com/us/ContactUs

0 Kudos
edgarallanpoe1
Channel Surfer

lol

0 Kudos
Trini

Reset the device completely. Factory reset was my last option but it worked.

0 Kudos
Hopalong63

I reset the internet connection in settings, then reconnected to the wifi... entered my password and everything works fine.

0 Kudos