Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

Already did that 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

@rjmedich wrote:

Shouldn't have to work this hard—it should be automatic.

I completely agree. I have no idea why HBO didn't just refresh the app/channel with the new version. Paramount did just fine when they changed from CBS All Access to Paramount+. Everyone's credentials simply carried over to the new version. HBO screwed this up royal. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Already did that and all the other suggestions. And I have it through my AT&T plan. It comes with the package and have no issues other than on Roku. It lets me sign in but goes back to the home page asking me to keep signing in. 

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Already did that and all the other suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Did that nothing is making it happen 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

As a reminder, when you uninstall a channel on a Roku device, you must reboot the device before adding the channel back. If you don't reboot, the uninstall was not completed. 

Dan

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It was automatic on the firesticks.  Just selected HBOMAX and it went to a screen the said update. So I don't blame HBOMAX

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@brutus9246 wrote:

It was automatic on the firesticks.  Just selected HBOMAX and it went to a screen the said update. So I don't blame HBOMAX

You have to blame HBO. It's their app/channel. Roku didn't create it and has nothing to do with the way it works. The Fire TV devices run a completely different operating system and apps are programmed in a different language. Roku has nothing to do with the way the MAX channel works on their devices. 

Dan

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I didn't reboot just removed and immediately added back and logged in.  I have a rokuTV not a stick.  But like I said three Firestick TV were all automatic updates.

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you say so.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.