Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

The guy I spoke to at MAX support had me not try to sign in through my provider (Dish).  He had me go to the sign in button.  Then he sent me an email that allowed me to change my password, despite being through Dish.  I then used the roku remote to sign in and it worked.

This is copy of what he sent me.  

Trouble Signing In?

No problem! We’ll get you back to streaming in no time at all. 

RESET YOUR PASSWORD

If you didn’t make this change, please contact the Help Center.

So, try calling MAX support back and tell them this and have them send you a password reset and try.  I got in on both our Roku's after logging in on just one.  He said the password is still associated with my Dish acct.  ????  I'm a 72 year old woman and I hardly understand much technology.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
bdstorm

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue.  Couldn’t log on using my iPad or multiple Roku devices (I could log in on my Android tv and iPhone).  As in the above post, I called MAX customer service, very very short phone wait.  Even though I was connecting through my provider (Directv), the rep sent me an email to create/change my password, I created a password, logged on using the new password and everything works.  The rep stayed on the phone with me during the whole process to make sure it worked.  Took no more than 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users, 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We understand that you may be having trouble with a playback issue on the Max channel.

We would recommend trying again at a later time as well as taking the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check for a system update through Settings System Software update.
  2. Restart your Roku device through Settings System Power System restart.

Keep us posted on what you find out!

Warm regards,

Chel

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smyles619

Jump to solution

repro steps

- select new max channel and open

- select sign in with your un/pw

- enter in info and click sign in

- you are then taken to a screen that says reset your pw with spinning circle of death 

this only happens with the new Max channel from HBO and only since they've updated it. I have no issues logging on if I use an app or the Web. Only with Roku.

I have already several times check for updates on my channel and check for updates on my Roku and everything is all up-to-date. I have even restarted it a couple times just to be sure. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled the channel. 

• Roku device model = C138X Roku tv
  • Serial number = X00000K3UA0W ( S02U4183UA0W)
  • Device ID = ? 
  • Software OS/version = 12.0.0 build 4182-93, GC version 9.3.42 
  • what version/build is the channel = version 54 build 0 - New Max channel
  • tracker ID = 0W-224-706

0 Kudos
Blizzardly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is a joke at this point—it’s been over a week, still no access, still getting the same “Something Went Wrong” error message when I click on any show or movie and a 20+ character error code. 

I don’t have a provider like Dish or Spectrum, and since opening a new HBO account prior to the Max takeover have always signed into the app independently. Max worked for a few days for me and then crashed on 5/27.

Changing the password did nothing, and all of these calls to check for software updates and reboot the system are infuriating. 

0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please call the MAX support line at 855 442 6629.  They should be able to get it sorted.  I did not have any long call wait line, so service rep. should help your issues quickly.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @smyles619,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Max support here: https://help.max.com

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LTD48
Reel Rookie

Re: So the Max app replaced my HBO Max app and now its asking me to sign in again

Jump to solution

We have 6 Roku's on our TV's, only 2 did the transition from HBO MAX to MAX, with no problem. The other 4 didn't transition, they are asking me to sign into my MAX account etc. When I do, it says that my email and/or password is incorrect. But the email address and password works on the other 2 Roku's for MAX. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
LTD48
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The update and restart thing didn't work for me, on 4 of the 6 Roku's I have at my house 😞

0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi.  Sorry you're having so many problems.  I only have a Roku upstairs and downstairs.  After a whole evening of frustration, I remembered that I had talked to an HBO Max rep before the switch.  So, I dug up the phone #, called and the tech helped me by creating a new password even though I have it through Dish.  He sent me a link via email and after going to sign in with new password.... not through provider, I got into both.  Here's number to call. 855-442-6629.  Good luck.

0 Kudos