Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

Re: freevee channel not working

Yes, as long as I don't log in to freevee after I reinstall it, it's working just fine. 

Remove the channel, turn off the roku (and unplug tv if it's a roku tv) then restart and add channel again. It should work for watching freevee stuff as long as you don't log in to your freevee account afterwards.

0 Kudos
JYoung82
Reel Rookie

Yeah, that's a no for me. Lol. I am able 6o do that, but I don't like not being able to get to all of my shows that I've already started. I just sent to Prime and started them back there. It shows the ones that I was watching on Freevee. Thanks for the quick reply back! 

Athenapua
Reel Rookie

Since Roku contracts with Freevee & now has several complaints from clients, wouldn't it be best for Roku to contact them? Wouldn't it make more sense for the two of you to work out this tech issue?

Dp66ny
Reel Rookie

Mine is having the same issues 

BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

I am having the exact same issue on two different model Roku players.  I tried the uninstall, clear cache/reboot, reinstall method on one machine and I was able to watch a show for an extended period. However, when I logged out and tried to log back in it reverted back to sending me to the Home Screen in a second or two instead of playing content. 

I did find a way around it by watching Freevee on the Amazon Prime Video app. Took me a while to find what I was watching before though. Not intuitive. 

There is also an Amazon forum thread on this topic:

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q0000BO9b1iSQB/freevee-goes-back-to-roku-home-screen-when...

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with the Freevee channel and all of the troubleshooting you've done.

Please be advised that each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maddy13
Reel Rookie

I am able to use Freevee on my Roku TV - until I sign in!  Once I sign in to Amazon the freevee app returns to the Roku home page.  I have uninstalled the channel, restarted the TV, and reinstalled the channel with the same results.  Is this the same problem?

JYoung82
Reel Rookie

Yes, this is the same problem all of us are having. No one knows how to fix it yet. I was able to watch my Freevee shows by going to my Prime App on my Roku tv. But I'd prefer to watch them on Freevee. Lol. 

WannabeJamie
Reel Rookie

Me too and now I have the zoom in picture. First it will be fine then it will all of a sudden it zooms in. I can't fix it. Ruko is update. Please fix this issues 

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @WannabeJamie

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are experiencing issues with the Freevee channel on your Roku device, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check your internet connection: Make sure your Roku device is connected to the internet and has a strong and stable connection.
  • Check for updates: Ensure that your Roku device and the Freevee channel app are up to date. You can do this by going to Settings > System > System update and checking for updates. You can also go to the Roku Channel Store to see if there are any updates available for the Freevee channel app.
  • Restart the Roku device: Try restarting your Roku device by going to Settings > System > System restart.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Freevee channel: Remove the Freevee channel from your Roku device and then reinstall it from the Roku Channel Store. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos