Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bynsln
Reel Rookie

Fox nation available on one tv but won’t load/play on other ROKU set up in the house

I’ve reached out to Fox but it doesn’t appear to be their problem - I can access on my phone, pc and one ROKU set up but not the other one. I’ve unsubscribed, deleted the channel, reinstalled, changed password, unplugged the ROKU for 15 minutes. Still no foxnation. I can watch every other free and pay channel. Fox loads and appears to load the selected content but returns to select screen every time. Only thing I can watch is live tv from the channel.  My troubleshooting indicates an issue with the specific ROKU device. Any suggestions to correct?  Thanks 

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fox nation available on one tv but won’t load/play on other ROKU set up in the house

@Bynsln wrote:

I’ve ... deleted the channel, reinstalled,...

There is a step missing.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. Any other order is not a valid action.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Bynsln
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox nation available on one tv but won’t load/play on other ROKU set up in the house

Just tried the three steps in order with same results…🙃

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Bynsln-

What are the model names and model numbers of your two Rokus?  Settings / System / About on each will tell you.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Bynsln
Reel Rookie

The one with issues is: 3920x - ROKU Premiere

Working model is: 3921RW - ROKU Premiere+

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I was hoping for greater model differences that might explain the problem.

Both models are 7th generation Rokus and were released at the same time in 2018.  As far as I know, the streamers themselves are identical, with the only difference between them being the 3920 comes with the Simple IR remote and the 3921 comes with the wifi-direct Voice remote. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Michelle3
Roku Guru

The Premiere+ 3921 replaced the Express+ 3910 during its initial release.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bynsln

Thanks for the post.

Are you experiencing a playback issue on this device with just this channel or does this issue occur across all channels? Have you already tried reaching out to the channel provider to see what insight they can provide? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bynsln
Reel Rookie

Just this channel on just this device.  This is a subscription service and works on my other ROKU device as well as on my phone and Samsung TV at the cabin.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bynsln

Thanks for the follow up.

As a last resort, let's try removing the channel from your Roku device then try performing a factory reset on your device. Then once you've activated your Roku device again, try adding the channel to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

If you are still experiencing an issue with the channel, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.