Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
33sarge
Streaming Star

Flickstream Channels gone

Just a heads up. All the Flicksteam channels have gone off the air. Main one I watched for years was Flickstream Grindhouse and Flickstream Concerts. Have made repeated attempts to contact the developer with no success. Website is still up but their "contact us" link does not work. Roku says there is a lot of channels to watch but as I said in an earlier post, most if not all, are available on any smart TV now. Roku was THE thing to watch when they had private channels and such but now, well, my smart tv has what Roku offers so why bother with Roku any longer.

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
hlc108
Reel Rookie

Re: Flickstream Channels gone

DANG IT. I was afraid of that when the app suddenly wouldn’t load. I always enjoyed Grindhouse for the random nature of what would come up. Idk of any alternatives atm.  

33sarge
Streaming Star

I also liked this channel (along with their concert one) for the same reason. Liked the unpredictability of what was showing. Lots of movies I had never seen before. I tried to contact the owner several times and never received the courtesy of a reply. Also their "contact us" link on their website - which is still up - does not work at all. Just a spinning wheel and/or, nothing. I cannot understand WHY they don't just put up a notice that they are done.

Its not just them. There are too many channels I have watched for years that have done the same thing. ONLY ONE that ever said they were going away was "Bizarre TV" and on that one, the owner passed away from cancer. Other Worlds TV came out with a channel that carried on. They have some good movies on it as well.

fauntleroy

This sucks I would like some kind of answer. I really enjoyed  Grindhouse,FTW, and some of the others.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

I have tried to reproduce it and have confirmed that the FlickStream channels are still available to stream on the Roku Streaming Platform. You may look for it under the Search category on the Settings menu on your Home screen. 

Here are the websites that may help you:

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hlc108
Reel Rookie

Thank you, Carly. Can you help explain why then all my Flickstream apps no longer load any context? When I click on the app, the loading icon spins without ceasing (last time I tried I let it go for ~10 minutes). I’ve deleted and reloaded the apps but the issue remains. Sounds like the op has the same issues as me. 

thanks!

0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

As I have explained in my first Message on this topic that Flicksteam's "contact us" link does not work, nor have I had the courtesy of a reply to several emails I have sent to their email address published on their webpage.

I would like Roku to try and contact them to see if you guys get a reply and if so, then you could let us know what they have said.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @hlc108.

Thanks for responding. 

Since this is an isolated case within the Flickstream channels only, we highly recommend directly reaching out to the channel provider themselves and letting them know the issues you've encountered within their channel, as they are responsible for managing and maintaining their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

In the meantime, you may try the following steps to help you troubleshoot the app:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @33sarge.

Thanks for letting us know about this. It is highly recommended that users who are experiencing this issue directly raise this issue with the channel provider. However, since you are having issues reaching out to them, I would be happy to coordinate this with the team.

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details for review:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.
  • Specific troubleshooting steps were taken.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Hi Carly,

In response to your message, I think it would be very easy for you to download this app and try it yourself. I looked back in my records and I emailed "support@flickstream.com" on July 26 and also again on August 2, with no replies. I also tried several times to contact them using the "contact us" on their website with no replies.

Issue report Tracker ID is 44-339-334. I have a Roku Premiere+, 3921RW, firmware version 13.1.4 build 1512-91.

I just downloaded Flickstream Grindhouse this morning and tried it again as I had deleted it when I first posted this issue to this forum, so it's the most current version. It still will not load, just has the Flickstream logo spinning endlessly in a circle.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.