Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markmjl

Roku TV local channel apps (AUSTRALIA)

I live in Melbourne, Australia and I am unable to download the 7 plus app. I have gone to the streaming channels, then clicked on recommended where the 7 plus app appears, then I clicked on add channel and I am taken to a message ‘ confirm private channel addition where there is a code to connect however when I type in this code , I receive the following message’ could not add 7 plus . Error ‘

Does anyone know how to download this app ?

Regards

Mark

22 REPLIES 22
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV local channel apps (AUSTRALIA)

Hi, @Markmjl

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having issues adding channels, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble.

Kindly be advised that some channels cannot be added or accessed due to region restrictions. May we know what kind of error message do you see that prompts on the screen? Also, what channels have you looked forward to adding to your Roku streaming device? Further, you can add channels manually from any browser using your other devices such as a computer or a mobile device. Kindly refer below:

1. Go to channelstore.roku.com
  2. Select My Account and sign in to your Roku account
    At the top of the site is a selection of categories and genres to explore. Below that you can enter a keyword in the Search channel box to find choices based on the title of a channel.
  3. When you want to learn more about a channel, select Details. You will see the same synopsis, rating, and screenshots that appear when viewing the details on your Roku device.
  4. Follow the instructions to add or purchase the channel

Once added, the channel will not immediately appear on your Roku device. Your Roku device checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download it immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
John6000

Hello,  I am also in Australia and I would like to install the local TV channel apps. I see that '9Now' is available to install. I require the following additional apps:
7plus
10play
ABC iView
SBS on demand

I followed the instructions provided and logged in to My account, however I do not see a 'Search channel' box to enter channels.
I request that you provide access to these common Australia channels.
Please help.
Thank you

Arobbo
Reel Rookie

I live in Tasmania and have exactly the same problem as @Markmil popups are the same and all.

Was going to try redownloading from channel store but unable to find 7+ instore

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @John6000 @Arobbo,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Please be aware that channel availability or access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, we suggest you contact any specific channel service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel and service on the Roku platform in your region.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arobbo
Reel Rookie

7plus was in the tv when I bought it as a featured channel just won't install

Have 7pus in my pc so must be available

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Arobbo

Thanks for keeping us posted.

As @RokuEuniceL mentioned, the availability of the channels on Roku depends on your region. It will be best to reach out to the channel provider's support directly and inquire further regarding the so further information can be acquired from them.

We hope this helps.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jsol

Must be all regions its not available as the app as the other comments are from different regions as well as my region as I’m in Townsville but I just cast it from my phone ( but obviously there is a problem with the channel not launching all over ) 

MissJaneWA
Reel Rookie

I agree, I also cannot download the plus app, nor can I ssee a search box when I go online. I feel a littled duped as the screenshots on the advert for Kogn Roku tv show Stan and Ch 9 so I assumed I would be able to access all the common Australian streming services. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MissJaneWA, I have no idea why some regions can't search the Channel Store, but Stan is in the Australia channel store.  If you're in Australia and you can't add it then there may be an issue with your account where it's not associated with the correct region.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.