Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfwguy67

Firestick setup with The Roku Channel

I just set up the Roku app on my firestick and logged into my Roku account using the Firestick.  However, even though the Firestick is logged into my account, it does not show up as a registered device on my account.  When I try to add a device, I get a message saying enter the ID displayed on my screen, but there is not an ID displaying.  How can my Firestick be logged into my account and yet not be activated on my account?  I can’t add additional channels with finding a way to activate it.  Thanks for any insight. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Firestick setup

Well I don't know anything about Firesticks so I find your message very confusing, but I'll throw out a few thoughts anyway:

Aren't firesticks supposed to be connected to Amazon accounts?

I believe the device registration screen you are talking about within your Roku account is for Roku devices. This is the first time I have heard of trying to connect other types of devices to a Roku account.

I think what you have on your firestick is a Roku Channel app. ie: it is like the Roku Channel on a Roku, but it is not a Roku device.

Does that help? 

russiamadcow
Reel Rookie

Re: firestick won't setup with Roku app.

Even better, I have a firestick with the Roku channel app. .. It gives me a link code to sign in, and I go to my computer, sign in and enter the link code and all I get is a "wrong link code message on my computer, so I can't sign into the app on my Firestick.. Tried several times with multiple link codes. Interesting, huh?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

And where are you located? If its outside of the U.S it isn't going to work. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
russiamadcow
Reel Rookie

Situated in Midwest contiguous US..

0 Kudos
Saffyre100

I'm having same issue with the code on my firestick for roku channels. It's been a while since your post, I'm curious as to if you ever got it fixed and if so, how. This is a headache 😫 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Saffyre100

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are you trying to do? What are the exact steps to reproduce what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shellmoore
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue.  I got to roku.com/trclink and enter the code on my tv. It says complete setup via web and the screen will update once your done.  I enter the code and then it says all done! But the screen on my tv never updates.  Super frustrating.  I cannot watch starz through my roku channel account because it will not complete the set up process.  Is there another way to set up?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Shellmoore 

I believe that installing the Roku Channel on another streaming platform (Firestick) or a smart tv will only give you access to the Roku Channel programming.  This would be the same content that you can view online at the Roku Channel. (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/)

In order to watch Subscriptions through your Roku account, you will need a Roku device or RokuTV to access the Roku "platform".

In order to watch Startz, without a Roku device, adviseable to order the subscription directly from Starz. (https://www.starz.com/us/en/).  This will allow you to use Starz on any device.  Be sure to cancel your "Starz on the Roku Channel" Subscription if you have recently purchased.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos