Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmanley11
Reel Rookie

Faded Peacock Picture… still

IMG_0938.pngIMG_0939.pngIMG_0940.pngSo back to a post I made during the Olympics.  The picture of LIVE shows (GB v PHI tonight, NE vs BAL yesterday) is faded and unwatchable.  The Peacock app itself on Amazon Fire Stick is fine. On my iPad is fine.  Only oh ROKU does it fail. Every other show on Peacock on Roku looks great. The captions on the live video are in a crisp black box, but the actual live even I want to watch is horrible. 

Now, don’t come at me about settings, etc.  This is a built-in ROKU Samsung TV. I’ve checked every setting and reinstalled the app, etc., every time this happens - last NFL season, Tour de France, Olympic, this NFL season - and nothing changes.

Also nothing changes from Roku.  How can this NOT be fixed??  

We’re in the market for a new TV soon.. guess what.. not a Roku TV.  

0 Kudos
kcarson

Re: Faded Peacock Picture… still

Just added Peacock for the football game tonight and get sound but no picture. Every other app works fine.

0 Kudos
Susiesl
Reel Rookie

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

Hello Peacock team! Here we go again with the washed out colors when streaming live events. I complained about this last football season and you are apparently not working on it or the issue would be fixed. I believe this happened also on a playoff game. You have raised your rates as well. If you cannot fix it, then don’t stream live events and expect people to pay for it. There are many other options out there for us now. 

LAF1

Same here. Just subscribed tonight and it’s awful. I’ve tried every setting and nothing helps. If this is the way it is, I’m not going to waste my money. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

Hi, @Susiesl.

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Roku Community.

It seems like this is not the correct platform for you to raise this concern as this is a content issue. It's important to note that Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

Nevertheless, the appropriate team is currently investigating this matter and is coordinating this with the service provider to determine the cause. With this being said, we'd like to include your device in the process and it would be appreciated if you could provide us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo of the comparison of contents that are affected and those that aren't. 
  • Specific troubleshooting steps were performed to try and resolve the issue. 

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mmanley11.

Thanks for letting us know about this. Please be informed that the team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating it. 

We'd like to include your device in the process and we would appreciate it if you could share with us the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response and once again, appreciate the photos you've provided.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @kcarson!

Thanks for letting us know about experiencing a playback issue on Peacock TV app. We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you troubleshoot this app.

If your subscription is not billed via Roku, we highly recommend the following steps:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

However, if you are billed via Roku, we highly recommend performing a system reboot only. There will be no option to remove this app since you have an active subscription via Roku. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll go from there. 

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.