Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every few minutes, the audio and video are not in sync. Is it possible to fix this?

We own several Rokus. And they're all struggling with the same issue. The audio and video are not in time. We leave and enter again, but a short while later, it occurs again. This has been ongoing for a while. Does this have a fix?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Every few minutes, the audio and video are not in sync. Is it possible to fix this?

Hi @kanyeshirt8 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for contacting us about your audio sync issues with your Roku streaming devices. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for this.

May we know if this happens to a specific app/channel? What are the Roku streaming devices affected by this issue? 

In addition, have you tried to perform a system reboot just to see if this fixes the issue? If not, navigate to your Settings > System > Power (if this option is not available, proceed to the next step) > System restart. 

With more information from you, we will be able to provide you with an accurate resolution.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sands43
Reel Rookie

Re: Every few minutes, the audio and video are not in sync. Is it possible to fix this?

I have been having this problem also .where the Audio is out of sync . we have been told to change the HDMI portals and we have tried this to no avail.  I have 3 Roku,s In my home and only one does this. We have to restart the program we are watching .However, when my grandson watches Utube or Roblox The program does not  do this. Only movies . So I would love to hear the answer to the question of THE FIX

sandra

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sands43,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the audio being out of sync. We're happy to help. Did you try the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuCarly above?

Let us know if this works for you!
Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
patrick52

I had called Roku support with the same problem and was told to have my IPS which is comcast and have them to reconfigure my modem to 2.4Hz. that does not work for me because all the other devices are at 5Hz. Since then, I got att fiber optic connection and the modem dual band and does it automatically with my tablets and laptops at 5Hz and the Roku box at 2.4Hz. Guess what solved the problem. Good luck.

0 Kudos
sands43
Reel Rookie

I already have att. high speed 

0 Kudos