Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmontoyl

Re: Error code:Cloudpath ErrorAuthorizationNIP

So does that mean I can't watch NBC or could the code be fixed

0 Kudos

Re: CloudpathErrorAuthorizationNIP

I just created an account with NBC and am able to stream shows. HOWEVER, I’m trying to stream an archived show FaceOff season 1 but I’m getting an error message: 

Sorry! We’re having some trouble… We had a problem reaching your TV provider. Please try again.” 

Then it lists the error code CloudpathErrorAuthorizationNIP

I have already taken the following steps: 1. signed out of NBC and signed back in. 2. Unlinked and then relinked my provider 3. Restarted Roku - but I am still getting the message. How do I resolve this issue?

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: CloudpathErrorAuthorizationNIP

Hi @SherriJoel225

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on NBC or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel NBC and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

RE: Error code:Cloudpath ErrorAuthorizationNIP

Hi all. Reading through these threads I can see everything I've tried and like me, no positive results. Dozens of answers. No solutions. There's a software network connection glitch that doesn't allow Ogygen, A&E and other NBC apps the ability to handshake with providers that will seal the deal and get their apps working correctly. I really don't believe there's a solution to this problem yet since no one has answers.

I am experiencing this error on both a Hisence ROKU 65" and a Hitachi 60" ROKU.

My wife always streamed Snapped on the Oxygen app without any issues. About 4-6 weeks ago, 🔑 symbols appeared in the upper corners of the episode and the app began generating codes to connect it to a provider. After going to oxygen.com/link and inputting the code, it never worked again.

Uninstalling the app, turning off the tv, reinstalling the app. No fix.

Deleting provider's link, uninstalling app. Restarting TV, reinstalling app, re-inputing provider, no fix.

Unplugging TV and plugging it back in. No fix.

Oxygen app in all instances reports I am connected to my provider (Sling) and the NBC input reports it is signed in as well.

I have tried deleting both forms of sign-in, Entering one form of sign-in and restarting but neither worked alone or together. 

I'm out of tricks, the app is broken and it appears there's no solution.

Let me know when they launch a new Oxygen app.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: RE: Error code:Cloudpath ErrorAuthorizationNIP

Hi @Debillkeefe,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the Oxygen channel through Roku and It sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting. 

Please be advised that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication. That is handled directly by the channel publisher. It's best to reach out to chnanel provider directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos