Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julieann
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t Add Channels - Not Enough Space - even with no channels

Jump to solution

@DBDukes 

I am having the same issue.  Model Express, USA, WIFI connection.  I have factory reset, updated, cleared cache, deleted channels, reinstalled, you name it I have done it.  How do I fix this issue, one day it will be Sling that will not load for lack of space, and the next Netflix or pick your channel. 

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t Add Channels - Not Enough Space - even with no channels

Jump to solution

You haven't said what device, how many channels you have, or how much memory. 

https://readytodiy.com/roku-not-enough-space-memory-why-how-to-0051/ has a bunch of steps to try, including adding an expansion microSD card.

0 Kudos
Rdraeger

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

We are still having the Cant Run channel issues with our roku and now also cannot run other channels with “space issues” when there’s hardly any channels on it. 

Is there somewhere to send information privately that I didn’t see in the thread? I’m getting rather irritated with all of it. It worked for a night after following the reset instructions when it was resolved and now nothing at all. We can only play the Disney app at the moment. 

0 Kudos

Re: This did not fix the issue- Resolved Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel"

Jump to solution

Same here. I get the "can't run Channel" error message when I try to open Roku Channel, YouTube or Prime Video (I can open Netflix, Disney+ & Hulu). I keep checking manually checking for updates, restarting my device, checking, restarting..... But it just says last checked *insert time from a few minutes ago* & last updated June 24. It won't update. Won't let use my main channels. 

0 Kudos
carondesign
Binge Watcher

Re: This did not fix the issue- Resolved Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel"

Jump to solution

same here its not updating and shows I last checked Sept 17 2:39PM and Last updated Jun 28 7:46PM. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Channels Still Aren't Working

Jump to solution

@adrienb77 

See if the following works for you.

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels Still Aren't Working

Jump to solution

@adrienb77 

After you've done the steps suggested by @makaiguy and @StreamerUser -- and if you've previously done them, do them again anyway -- and if things still don't work, let's get some information that may help.

Are you in the US? I assume so, but confirm this.

What is your Roku model number and Roku software version? Settings > System > About

Name three other apps that do not work for you. Also, describe what happens when you try to launch each of those other apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've updated my system this morning, however am still experiencing this issue. I am currently unable to open any channel at all, as they all are now giving me this error after attempting factory reset last night. 

Device Model D802X

Serial Number X00700JGY65E

Device ID S06D50CGY65E

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4209-C4

Tracker ID 5E-376-657

Kalolina

Jump to solution

The issue is not resolved, ive been having issues for over 2 weeks with HBO and over a week and a half with other apps. Ive started canceling payments on channels thar are due since im not getting service. Ive spent past two weekends researching this and today is first time i found my issue. Ive been a member since 2006 and this is my first major issue and and first time you have not had a customer service phone number to reach out to. Fyi Netflix, pandora and HGTV are the only channels that work

Rvnshadow2001
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Britbox, prime, and Spotify are still NOT working and it's been 2 weeks!!! I have cancelled channels as well!!! Get your sjit together Roku!!!

0 Kudos