Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESPN the requested page is not configured

I'm trying to use the ESPN app and it lets me log in then immediately goes to a screen that says:

An unexpected Error Occurred

The requested page is not configured

I've tried updating both the app and my Roku. I've restarted my Roku, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called the ESPN tech support and they couldn't figure it out either. I also tried it on two different rokus and both did the same thing. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ESPN the requested page is not configured

@MassiveDynamic-

I don't know if this could be it, but ...

The items in the ESPN app not marked as requiring ESPN+ can only be shown if you have a TV provider account (cable, satellite, etc.) that carries ESPN and have authenticated your ESPN channel app with your TV provider credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jmtslt5
Reel Rookie

Same problem. The answer below doesn’t help because the channel never opens. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jmtslt5,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you're having with the ESPN channel. Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmtslt5
Reel Rookie

Did you get my video I sent last week?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jmtslt5,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
As we have checked here on our end we did not receive any video that you sent to us. We suggest that you can attach it right here in the Roku Community.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmtslt5
Reel Rookie

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with a photo, @Jmtslt5.

Is this the only app having this playback issue? If not, kindly provide us with the troubled apps or channels. What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve this? Have you tried to remove the app, perform a system reboot, and then reinstall it to see if it will make any difference? We need to make sure that this troubleshooting procedure has been done precisely to work. (remove the app > system reboot > reinstall the app)

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OpusThePenguin
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same problem.  Interestingly, the “Remove Channel” option is not listed on the menu so I can’t remove & reinstall the app.  I have updated the app & the Roku.  I have rebooted the Roku twice, once from System and once by pulling the power & restarting after 20 seconds.  “Remove Channel” option is present on all the other apps & they are all working properly.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OpusThePenguin,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps, videos from other channels play fine. In that case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.