Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minesh228
Channel Surfer

ESPN Plus keeps turning off on my Roku

ESPN Plus keeps turning off on my Roku. Facing this issue from 3-4 days while watching Cricket World Cup. Please help

19 REPLIES 19
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN Plus keeps turning off on my Roku

I have an ESPN+ subscription and I launched the cricket game. However, my Roku stayed on until I turned off my Roku. I left the match stay on for 30 minutes.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @minesh228,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Let's troubleshoot this to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
minesh228
Channel Surfer

Tried the steps still facing the same issue. Any other troubleshooting methods please

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @minesh228

Have you tried contacting ESPN directly and inquiring further about this issue for a workaround and resolution? If not, we recommend reaching out to them, and an update on their end would likely fix this issue.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@minesh228 What exactly happens when you say ESPN Plus keeps turning off on my Roku?   Does it exit the app, does the Roku go to home screen, have you tried watching on any other app with same experience?  What Roku device do you have?  Are you in the United States or somewhere the ESPN Plus app is not supported?

0 Kudos
minesh228
Channel Surfer

Yes, I am in United States.

After watching ESPN app for 10-15 mins it gets black screen and take to Home screen. This keeps happening again and again. Tried factory reset as well

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @minesh228.

Have you tried to connect to an alternative network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the playback issue you've been having with the ESPN app will still occur? In addition, have you experienced this issue with other apps or channels on the Roku streaming platform? 

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Bous
Channel Surfer

I have same issue too, espn+ keep crashing/closing and going back to Roku home screen. I started stopwatch and exactly after 7 min it closes. I have Roku ultra and watching cricket. This happens during live stream only. On-demand like highlights doesn’t crash which makes me think it may be espn issue

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bous,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Let's try to perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve this. Above this thread, we have provided steps to remove, restart, and re-install the channel as the troubleshooting guide. Kindly refer to the comment above. If the issue persists, kindly let us know so we can proceed with other steps in addressing this channel issue.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.