Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SantaDan

Re: Does Fox News not work on ROKU?

Jump to solution

I have also signed in multiple times with my Verizon Fios and I cant get the Fox News App to stay connected. There is nothing to complain to Fox News about its ROKU that seems to have problem with this steaming app. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SantaDan,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Can you please provide the information asked in my previous post?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LRGilliam

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

This connectivity issue with the FoxNews App requires me to log in with my provider everytime I use the app.

1) I get an "Unauthorized Warning" from a previous cable provider.

2) When choosing a show to watch, I'm sent back to the Roku Home Page and have to log in again.

- I have unloaded and reloaded the FoxNews App

- I have cleared the device cache with and without the app loaded

- I have powered down the Roku device with and without the app loaded

- My device is 3-4 years old, don't know if the software/hardware versions are in conflict with each other

- I have not tried doing a complete reset of my Roku device

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you are getting an unauthorized warning from a previous provider, I would do a factory reset of your device.  That should erase all memory of the previous provider.

0 Kudos
seacastle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still having the same issue.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@seacastle

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the specific steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PlasticJesus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's been over a year since this became an issue so thanks for finally getting around to responding.

I resolved this a month after it started happening by buying a ChromeCast and dumping my Roku.

Thanks

JHB21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem

JHB21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Ruko TV model 43S421 not a Ruko streaming stick. I have installed the Fox News channel app and when I access the app to watch Fox News live, the program does come up but it plays what has aired and hour earlier. I have done a factory reset numerous times, uninstalled the Fox News app and reinstalled it, and have even gone through the steps of logging into the Foxnews.com/connect site and completed those steps and still when I click on the Ruko Fox News Channel app it shows live, but what comes on is what has aired an hour earlier on the Fox News channel. I cannot get Fox live using the Ruko App. I have spoken with several TCL and Ruko associates and have chatted on line as well. They were no help. I was told to contact Fox. They finally responded and said it is not a problem at their end, so it is back in Ruko Court. I will resolve the problem by moving the TCL/Ruko Tv from our exercise room to a room where my grandkids can use it to play the video games on and I will purchase another TV, BUT NOT A TCL/RUKO.  

STRINGBENDER
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem, JUST STARTED TODAY

0 Kudos