Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathybarn

Do I need a Roku subscription

Hi, 

I have a Hulu Disney plus subscription, 

do I need a Roku subscription as well? 
do the channels overlap? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Do I need a Roku subscription

There is no Roku subscription per se, though Roku allows you to create and/or access many subscriptions through it. It also allows completely free viewing of many services, though typically with many commercials.

Be careful when accessing a subscription on a Roku (or other device) to sign IN to your existing subscription and not sign UP for another subscription.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Do I need a Roku subscription

To expand on what @Strega2 said, if you already have a subscription to a provider like Disney, MAX, Hulu or other services, no you do not need a separate subscription to view that provider using a Roku device. I have subscriptions to MAX and Prime Video, neither of them through Roku, and I can view their content on any of my Roku devices or my other streaming players as well.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.