Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

@Clnc wrote:

Roku is holding companies hostage... it's surprising you give Roku the benefit of the doubt but not others..... 

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/roku-pulled-the-youtube-tv-app-heres-how-to-stream-using-apple-...

Yes, that happened two years ago. But again, we have no idea what happened behind the scenes. I remind you that YouTube is owned by Google, who just happens to sell a streaming device that competes with Roku. Who was playing hard ball there? We have no idea. But if you think Google is a benevolent provider of streaming media, think again. They make tons of money simply monitoring what you watch and selling that data. I think they're both corporations that are not really looking after the "little guy", but my experience with Roku over the years is far more positive than with some of those other companies. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
hbatt

Jump to solution

Is this still being negotiated between Disney and Roku or is it at a stalemate? 

the workarounds work but are sub optimal to say the least and if this will be he state of Disney+ Adds on Roku for an undefined time customers have to weigh options. 

Additionally, where is the best venue for user feedback on this issue to Disney?  

Thank You,

HB

0 Kudos
Clnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Disney plus does not seem to have a community forum but they have a help center. https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?lang=en-be

This issue is still in negotiations. I just know I won't be buying another roku. Diversify brands to protect yourself and know that fire stick has not had this problem as yet. 

0 Kudos
defiantoneks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

diversify brands or… just cancel some services. save yourself some money and when they finally add it back, sign up again.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I have had multiple streaming devices for close to a decade. There is no single device that "does it all", so it's best to have more than one type. Roku is still the best (in my opinion) for the majority of Internet streaming providers, but it falls short on occasion and that's when I use my Shield. And for local media playback, nothing under $350 can touch the Shield, even though it's now a 7+ year old design (the latest version was released in 2019, but it remains the same basic device). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Angryconsumer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope, that's a Roku issue and it shouldn't even have been noticed by paying customers. I'll not be buying any more Roku products as I've been a LONG TIME customer and Roku has had continuous problems that they fail to take responsibility for. This is just the latest in a string of failures 

Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes we know. The post is about Disney +with ads. Responding by telling us another package we don't have isn't helpful. 

0 Kudos
Angryconsumer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Neither is the statement that I responded to, but that didn't stop y'all from making it did it? My response is DIRECTLY related to the lack of Disney plus basic support as I pointed out that it is only the most recent out of a string of related support issues. I  would also say that pointing out a pattern of failure relevant to a topic and then stating that, until that pattern is changed, I wouldn't buy another Roku product is also helpful in that it lets the company know the scope of dissatisfaction and customers on the forum know the true depth of the problem. 

Angryconsumer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have you tried an Android TV? Cuz after a disappointing experience with Roku, I bought one and frankly have yet to have an issue. So I would disagree that Roku is the best choice overall. It may have pioneered streaming TV apps, but the lack of support and keeping up with changes in my opinion points to a lack of consumer empathy at the very least. 

Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes we all know that. 

0 Kudos