Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casper321
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

This is the fault of Disney+. We adjusted our own hulu+live bundle to with ads so we could get more live channels on hulu for around the same price. Well, now we cannot even use Disney+ and cannot roll-back to our old price without paying even more. This will hurt Disney in the long run as ppl will find alternative ways to watch their greedy mouse-made **bleep** if they don't resolve this issue soon & quit being so greedy. It will just like the 2000's all over again, before Netflix started. Just-sayin.

Clnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 3 roku devices and one fire stick. The fire stick works great and the roku won't let me watch disney plus with ads because roku is being greedy,  costing me more money each month.  I will be sure to let everyone I know NOT to buy a roku because they care nothing about their customers. 

Clnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's not disney, I can watch disney plus on my fire stick but not my roku, Roku is being greedy wanting to take a big cut of our subscription to disney plus while Amazon fire stick us not. #RokuGreed

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Clnc you have no idea if it's Roku or Disney that is why Disney+ with ads is not on Roku platforms. Based on the greed I've seen from Disney in other areas, I'm just as likely to blame them as Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Clnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Then why can I watch my disney plus with ads on my fire stick? Roku was a big part of SVB and must be doing a money grab wherever they can. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Clnc wrote:

Then why can I watch my disney plus with ads on my fire stick? Roku was a big part of SVB and must be doing a money grab wherever they can. 

Again, you have no idea why it's on one platform but not another. In the end, Disney is the one controlling that. Yes, Roku might be making exceptional demands. But again, based on what Disney has been doing recently with other areas of their operations, I'm much more inclined to point my finger at Disney, not Roku.

Dan

0 Kudos
JulioBro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's not exclusively one or the other, both are businesses with their ads agreement each.

They have to come to an agreement and let customers subscribe to whatever they want on their TV units.

In my opinion, ROKU is in fault, since it's ONLY on their system where clients can't apply a subscription. So, ROKU is the one leaving their customers without a solution.

ROKU should let temporary access, until the situation is resolved, which is a matter of sponsors. Maybe ROKU takes a smaller percentage or both take a smaller cut, but customers shouldn't be forced to pay more or buy additional equipment.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@JulioBro wrote:

It's not exclusively one or the other, both are businesses with their ads agreement each.

I concur, it's not a black and white issue. But because we have no idea what the negotiations are covering, you can't say for certain it's Roku. Perhaps Disney decided to give Google and Amazon a super deal and is trying to recover some of that lost revenue from Roku. And perhaps Roku is being unreasonable in their revenue sharing demands. The point is we have no idea who's at "fault". I look at Disney's actions over the past several years and I see a very greedy corporation, so I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. 

Dan

0 Kudos
JulioBro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No benefit of doubt for any of them, I agree Disney is wrongdoing to customers also.

0 Kudos
Clnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku is holding companies hostage... it's surprising you give Roku the benefit of the doubt but not others..... 

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/roku-pulled-the-youtube-tv-app-heres-how-to-stream-using-apple-...

0 Kudos