Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeb704
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

You may wish to contact Disney (I recommend via chat) to see if you’re eligible for a refund. 

0 Kudos
Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I recently cut the cord from Satellite TV by purchasing Roku sticks. Im so glad I didn't purchase Roku TVs. I have Hulu Live and can't use Disney plus with ads. I need new TVs because my soundbar only worked through my cable box. I definitely will not buy Roku TVs now! 

Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed. Total sham. Just bought Roku sticks. Need new TVs because I dont have a smart TV. Definitely nit buying Roku! 

defiantoneks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Had my discussion with Hulu today, as I too took the cheaper route. They provided no warning that the cheaper service did not work with one of the largest streaming device platforms in the country… how lovely to find out on my day off when I was looking for a little entertainment.

Part of the fun with Hulu is that the "package" to get Disney back on was an additional 13 or 15 bucks. Not worth it to me. Getting Disney+ and ESPN+ was sortof a bonus, since I really just wanted reliable live TV and some good channels and the library. But hey, Hulu doesnt really have a just Hulu package! Chat person says oh I can get you Live TV and Library… just 68.99 (or within a dollar). Which is literally the SAME PRICE they charge for the bundle I can't watch!

So it looks like I will be cancelling the Hulu and going back to Sling.

Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hulu is wrong for not disclosing we can't use what we purchased. That will be a class action eventually.

Roku is wrong for not coming to an agreement with Disney Plus. It's arrogant of Roku to act as if theirs is the only smart TV platform. There are many others to go with and when I purchase my new TVs, they will not be Roku. 

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

By the time you purchase your new TV, you will likely find that some other content provider(s) is(are) not available on some other platform(s).  These things come and go routinely.  If you want to have every channel available nearly all the time, instead of getting any specific new TV with an integrated platform, I would just add one, two, three… player devices to whatever you have.  They are tiny and cheap, and getting anyway from any dispute takes a button press or two on a remote.

0 Kudos
Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I dont expect to always have every Channel. Disney Plus is an entire app that I'm paying for and cannot use because with Roku.

I just so happen to be in need of new TVs now so of course I'm going to purchase one that allows me to watch the content I'm paying for. Roku is the only one that won't support Disney plus with ads.  

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well, hopefully, whichever TV you buy still allows you to watch what you want to watch 6 months later.  If not, I would suggest adding a player.

0 Kudos
defiantoneks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'd agree that a class action suit will probably happen, against Hulu (and by default, Disney since they own it).

They "offered" a product without clearly disclosing that a large percentage of users would be unable to utilize the product.

They then upcharged the service that would be required for those users, knowing that many would accept paying an additional fee to maintain use of the service by paying for the upgrade.

More than likely I would see them simply removing the "with Ads" option altogether so there's no longer a dispute about its functionality or availability.

0 Kudos
Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed 

0 Kudos