Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

I got disney free for a month by complaining to Disney customer service.  But that is a hollow victory.  Consumer protection should apply to streaming devices.  We are not protected by false advertising.  How can you offer something that is not allowed in 40 percent of devices that perform it in the USA?

0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If it is a TCL roku tv then NO it will not work.  TCL also makes an android tv, it will work on those.  It will also work on firetvs.   It will work on googletvs.  Roku decided not to accept Disney running ads since they are not getting the money they feel they deserve from the ads running.    BOTH are asking you to upgrade to the 20 dollar trio since the 13 dollar trio does not work.  The price difference equals 84 dollars for the year.  You can purchase 2 firesticks for 84 dollars and never have to deal with this again. 

0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

you can also just purchase a firestick and then you get all the options you need.  and start streaming exclusively on firestick device even if you have a roku tv, it is just an hdmi plug and play device.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LopezFamily we get it, you're unhappy. No need to spam the forum with a bunch of messages that all say the same thing.

We don't know the reason Roku and Disney have not come to a carriage agreement yet. We will likely never know. But I expect that sooner or later they will come to an agreement. Look back on some previous negotiations between Roku and a provider. In the end they almost always come to an agreement and the channel becomes available. My guess is it's something to do with ad revenue sharing, but that's only a guess. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@LopezFamily 

Like I mentioned in this thread you can get the Disney Bundle for free from Verizon wireless. You might already be with Verizon wireless or you could switch to Verizon wireless. The version that Verizon has Disney+ with no ads, hulu with ads and espn+ with ads.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

For decades, various forums for various content aggregators (cable, satellite, streaming) have had posts where someone says that this aggregator is the only one having a dispute with some specific content provider.  And that is often true at that time.  But a few months before that, or a few months after, some other aggregator will be having a dispute with some other content provider, and on and on…

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am giving it one week, then I’m going to switch to firestick. I hope you get it together real soon

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@supersunshine disputes like that can last for months, so if your week deadline is actually met, it would be most unusual. Good luck, but don't place much hope in it being resolved that soon.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
T-T

Jump to solution

Air play for apple doesn’t work when I try using it for Disney plus basic. I’ve tried everything but it will not work. You’re claiming here even with the ad version of Disney I should be able to watch it on my Roku and that’s not the case at least from what I can tell. 

***update I spent way too long on support with Disney plus… they flat out said won’t work it’s still technically Disney+ with ads. 
Roku please get your act together thanks 🤦🏼‍

0 Kudos
RSLH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and did the Disney+ Basic add-on via Hulu. Last night was greeted with a big fat QR code. Had no idea about this and 'nice' of Hulu not to mention any of this on their sign-up page. Got Disney+ only to watch The Mandalorian. I have a Chromecast and it works fine. I'll most likely cancel Disney+ after series 3 is over.

0 Kudos