Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

Hi  @Spearce

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the  Disney Plus channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting  Disney Plus Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Disney/Hulu bundle is probably for the ad-supported versions. Since Roku doesn't support that version of Disney yet, it's not a Disney issue.

The best fix is to get a non-Roku device and use that. With every company fighting each other, you need multiple devices for when they put profit over customer. Who knows what company they will have a disagreement with next. Last year, it was YouTube TV, and almost YouTube itself. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Spearce @andyross Hulu offers two bundles:  Disney Bundle Trio Basic which is Hulu with adds, Disney + with adds, and ESPN + for $12.99 per month.

Disney Bundle Trio Premium which is Hulu with no adds, Disney + with no adds, and ESPN+ for $19.99 per month.

Customers who had the bundle of Hulu with adds, Disney + no adds and ESPN prior to Dec. 8, 2022 could keep the plan for $14.99 per month an increase of $1.00 or change to either of the new plans.  Once you changed to a new plan you could not go back to Hulu with adds and Disney + no adds.

Roku currently does not support Disney + with adds.  Disney + with no adds works fine.  

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
JamiGeorge

Jump to solution

This is the dumbest, most elitist bull **bleep** I’ve ever heard. 

BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I read the article and believe the Disney execs should be fired for their greedy Disney bundle changes.  Also the article did not emphasize that the new Disney Basic does not yet work on any ROKU device.  Disney was just starting to compete with Netflix but these bundle changes may make Netflix and Amazon Prime better monthly choices.

If we were to miss the next Hulu Black Friday deal,  we may never subscribe to Hulu or Disney Plus for more than two month a year, even if it were to work on ROKU eventually.   

Mommahaihai2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is so funny cause up until last night Disney + basic worked on my two rokus that are in my house now they don't work and I asked live chat Disney + employee why that is and they gave me no answer but to upgrade to Disney + premium. But still had no answer to when the update was or why my tvs were working up till today. And  I have had it since 2020.   

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you sure you had ad-supported Disney? Or did you have regular Disney that was changed, maybe after a promo price ended? 

0 Kudos
Mommahaihai2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@andyross  I have had basic ever since 2020 I have never changed or upgraded or anything like that. And there have always been ads on mine 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mommahaihai2 wrote:

@andyross  I have had basic ever since 2020 I have never changed or upgraded or anything like that. And there have always been ads on mine 

There's never been a Disney+ Basic until recently. Disney+ launched in late 2019, but the service was always without ads in that service. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos