Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sweetdrizzy
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

I did pretty much what everyone suggested. I rebooted my router and modem as well as the roku stick. Switched HDMI port. Went to settings and cleared out the network password, updated the roku, removed the apps that were giving me problems, added them back and it worked. I think with me, there was a connectivity issue. Maybe you guys are having a much deeper issue than I. It truly sucks that no Roku Tech monitors these inquiries for better assistance. It can be extremely frustrating to try to fix something on your own with no avail. 

Good luck yal! 

0 Kudos
Hurnlife
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have been experiencing a similar issue for 2 weeks.  Factory resets on router and roku.  Systems updated.  For our family the Disney +  app doesn’t load but Amazon prime streams fine.  I have attempted several times to remove channels using the * key and selecting remove channel.  It appears to try to remove it then reverts back to Home Screen channel still loaded.  Disney + streams fine on other devices as do other apps that fail to load on roku but work fine on laptops, iPads etc.  

0 Kudos
FragileNougat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What build are you on? I'm on 9.4.0 build 4190-50. It updated on 2nd Nov 2:30am GMT

0 Kudos
Hurnlife
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have 9.4.0-4190

0 Kudos
KelleyCat
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

This issue started happening to me a cew weeks ago and hasn't stopped. I can't watch anything on Hulu, Amazon Prime, or Disney+ for more than 5 minutes before it sets me back to the Roku home screen.

I have deleted and reinstalled the apps, restarted the roku and router repeatedly and nothing is working.

This looks like an error on Roku's end, an ipdate gone wrong. Please fix it ASAP.

0 Kudos
JLar81
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

It's gotten more annoying and frustrating as now apps like Pandora and Youtube will just stop playing after an hour and a half. I have to exit and go back in. I did research only to find this is a Roku feature and I can't change it. I definitely am going back to Google Chrome when I have the extra money. That's the last thing, I'm done putting up with a product telling me, the consumer, how long I can watch or listen to music. It's not right at all!

0 Kudos
LilRaye

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

I’ve been experiencing this issue on everything EXCEPT Netflix 

0 Kudos
EKnight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku Express and this issue is happening to me with every program except Netflix but it happens after about 2 minutes.   I have been through these pages and already tried a factory reset, restarting the device, but it uninstalling and reinstalling each of the programs,  turning off bandwidth saver, and resetting my wireless router.   The problem continues to happen with every program I try to use except for Netflix.   I need another solution please!

0 Kudos
QCBB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I would tell you to take it back and get the Roku Stick for 39.99 at Walmart. We have thousands of the Roku devices deployed on our network. I will not even let our installers, set the Roku expresses up anymore. 
Ninety percent of our calls were from people who bought the Roku Express with the same problem. I know this probably isn’t what you want to hear, but take it back spend the extra $10.00 and buy you a Roku Stick and that should fix your problem. 

0 Kudos
KelleyCat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got this as a gift last xmas and this issue only just started. I don't have the option of returning and I don't have the extra cash to buy a new one. I'll just stop using roku and advise others to do the same. Intentional obsoltism is a shoddy way to do business.

0 Kudos