Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syd1

Directv Stream guide not working when you hit the down arrow

On my ROKU box, I have Directv Stream. This morning I have been unable to get my guide to come up when I hit the down arrow. 
it appears everything else is working just fine. Just unable to go to the guide. 

9 REPLIES 9
Ddog44

Re: Directv Stream guide not working when you hit the down arrow

I'm also experiencing this issue.  Was their a SW update?  Look forward to a resolution response.

0 Kudos
JohnG6

Same thing here

0 Kudos
Gr8tnezz

Same issue.  Three different tvs and 3 different remotes.  It's quite annoying.  Hope a fix comes soon.

0 Kudos

same problem, it just started in the last 48 hours. I have seven TV's and only one does this. Reset, same issue.

0 Kudos
tracerrx
Channel Surfer

I created a thread on the ATT/DirecTV Stream Forums:

DirecTVStream Forum Thread 

There is also a Reddit thread:

Reddit Thread 

And finally another thread on these forums:

Roku Forums 

0 Kudos
nicklegg
Reel Rookie

There was a software update, now hitting the back button on the Roku remote once will have the same function the down arrow used to have, it will also look a bit different with the main options now being on the left side of the screen. Hope this helps 🙂

0 Kudos
ToddBlue68
Reel Rookie

Yep, seems there was an update without any notification or pop-up.  There have been popups or screen overlays that indicated there were navigation changes in the past.   

Seems Roku/DirecTV app are trying to be more like YouTube TV....which I personally find that navigation annoying.

It's not the same, it's not as good....Directtv PLEASE CHANGE BACK

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community Users! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

May we first know if this only happens to the Direct TV app on your Roku streaming device? If so, it seems like they updated their features or software on their own app. Thus, the changes on the channel guide. Please be aware that certain apps on the Roku streaming platform, including Direct TV, are created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves independently. 

In this case, we highly recommend reaching out to their Customer Support for further clarification and assistance. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos