Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracerrx
Channel Surfer

DirecTV App Guide no longer Works

Pressing DOWN on the roku remote use to bring up the guide.  However that stopped working as of this morning.  Directv App Build 3750102 Version 3.34.

Now to get to the guide you have to hit the Back button, then select guide (multiple button presses).

EDIT:

I created a thread on the ATT/DirecTV Stream Forums:

DirecTVStream Forum Thread 

There is also a Reddit thread:

Reddit Thread 

14 REPLIES 14
alec_f1

Re: DirecTV App Guide no longer Works

Same here. I can not work around this. Sucks because I can't channel surf as efficiently now. If anyone figures out how to get this function back or **bleep** effectively to Roku to bring it back, let us know here.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@alec_f1, Roku has absolutely nothing to do with how the DirecTV app works.  You need to take it up with DirecTV or AT&T or whoever AT&T unloads DirecTV on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JBMc

Our Roku Voice Remotes both failed to bring up the guide when pressing the "down" button. The problem is the same on 3 televisions (2 Sony, 1 LG), all using DirecTV Streaming, 2 with Roku Stick and 1 with Roku soundbar. 

When pressing down button to bring up guide nothing happens, but soundbar LED flickers the same as when any other button is pressed and all other buttons work. To get the guide, must use "back" button in upper left of remote.

All TVs and devices functioning normally prior to yesterday. Power off cycle on TV and streambar failed to fix. Batteries removed and replaced failed to fix. Must be Roku problem as everything else functions normally, just a pain in the **bleep**....like when they change my screen wallpaper without asking (repeatedly). 

tracerrx
Channel Surfer

I created a thread on the ATT/DirecTV Stream Forums:

DirecTVStream Forum Thread 

There is also a Reddit thread:

Reddit Thread 

ylandrum
Reel Rookie

It’s not the remotes, it’s not the Rokus, it’s the DirecTV app for Roku itself. Roku has nothing to do with it. AT&T pushed out a “new improved” DTV app/interface that evidently breaks the bottom arrow. AT&T is aware and are “working around the clock” to fix it.

Roku 1
Roku Stick (2015)
Roku Stick (2017)
Roku 4
Roku Premier+
0 Kudos
tracerrx
Channel Surfer

@ylandrum 

"AT&T is aware and are “working around the clock” to fix it." Source??
0 Kudos
DanlAtl
Reel Rookie

Wrong about direct tv issue.  The direct tv guide works fine if I use my Samsung smarthub.  This is definitely a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@DanlAtl, sorry, you're just plain wrong.  Roku has absolutely nothing to do with how DirecTVs channel/app operates as Roku didn't create it.  Take your complaints to AT&T.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DanlAtl
Reel Rookie

So ATT has a specific app for Roku devices vs their app that works on Samsung or other native TV hubs?  I guess that makes sense….hopefully att will fix asap.  Thx

0 Kudos