Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wfoster
Reel Rookie

DirecTV app stopped working suddenly

I have DirecTV stream and last night it stopped working.  I had to sign back in, when I did, it flashes the DirecTV logo, tries to load and then just flickers.  I’ve deleted and reloaded DTV app, restarted ROKU several times and reset internet with no luck.  DTV claims that there is a “global” outage.  Anyone else having the issue?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Directv app stopped working suddenly

Hello @wfoster 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When removing a channel, please make sure to remove the channel, restart your Roku device, then add the channel back, specifically in that order. 

Are you still currently experiencing an issue with channel playback?

Please keep us posted and we will be happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wfoster
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the advise but I've done that multiple times.  According to Directv Stream there is a "global" outage

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If DTV says it is a global outage that means it is DTV's problem and it affects everyone everywhere.  The problem is not specifically with Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos