Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Different App accounts on different tvs

Jump to solution

I have my roku account on three different rokus. Can my daughter use her credentials on different apps (prime, hbo, hulu) on one of the tvs without the other two changing from my credentials? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Different App accounts on different tvs

Jump to solution

@mossymissy 

Regarding Prime Video  HBO Max, and Hulu, these are "per-device" logins so you can Sign-out from your credentials and then Sign-in with the daughter's credentials on one TV/Roku device without affecting your other two Roku devices.  (you will of course need to sign-in again with your own credentials to again use this particular TV with your account - only 1 login at a time).

The Sign-out option for both Prime Video and HBO Max are located under each channel/app's corresponding Settings (gear icon).  For Hulu, the Sign-out is under the Profile.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mossymissy   If you use your Roku account on all three devices probably not.  It may depend on each app but likely will change to her credentials on all three devices.   I would just do a factory reset of the device you want the other credentials on.  Then have your daughter login with her Roku account email.  That will have no effect on the other two Roku devices.  If your daughter does not have a Roku account she can create one free.  The only concern that I can see is if you are subscribed to something through Roku she will not have access to that app.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mossymissy 

Regarding Prime Video  HBO Max, and Hulu, these are "per-device" logins so you can Sign-out from your credentials and then Sign-in with the daughter's credentials on one TV/Roku device without affecting your other two Roku devices.  (you will of course need to sign-in again with your own credentials to again use this particular TV with your account - only 1 login at a time).

The Sign-out option for both Prime Video and HBO Max are located under each channel/app's corresponding Settings (gear icon).  For Hulu, the Sign-out is under the Profile.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! Very easy to understand explanation. 

0 Kudos
mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos