Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NiccoloM
Reel Rookie

Crunchyroll application error

Anyone having issues with Crunchyroll? It seem whenever I try to watch a show it errors or timed out.

Error reads -

Crunchyroll application error

Oops.. there was a problem. Sorry for the inconvenience! Here’s what happened:

Not having this problem on non-Roku devices.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
russell_31
Reel Rookie

Re: Crunchyroll application error

I have the exact same problem just started happening yesterday right after I finished streaming a video and when I tried streaming another video the Crunchyroll application error was displayed.  I restarted the Roku player but I am still getting the same issue. Roku brings up the app but when I go to stream an episode it sits their for awhile and then the error message is displayed. I have two Roku players and they are both doing the same thing. Someone changed something and forgot to test the change before deploying it.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @NiccoloM @russell_31

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
SenseSlap

I have the same issue on multiple shows right now as well. Appears something has broken as I've never seen this before after months of use. I have tried the suggested reinstall with device reset but it changes nothing

0 Kudos
NiccoloM
Reel Rookie

Karla,
At the moment it’s limited to the @Crunchyroll app. I spent about 30 mins, with Roku support yesterday. They had me sign out and remove the app. Update Roku, reinstall the app, sign back into it. After 3 attempts including unplugging the roku and rebooting my network- the final conclusion they say it’s @crunchyroll issues and I should contact them.🤷‍♂️

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

The Remove/Restart/Reinstall process is to insure you have a clean copy of the current version of the channel app.  If the channel app itself has a programming problem, this must be addressed by the channel developer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos