Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliefitman
Reel Rookie

unable to log in to subscribed channel

I subscribe to the Hallmark channel on Roku. Sometimes it asks me to sign in; it will give me a code and then I have to choose internet provider. Once I do that, I usually get right in. Today, there is a little lock in the corner of the Hallmark shows. It asks me to enter a code and choose the internet provider as usual. However, when I enter the correct user name and PW for my internet provider, it doesn't accept it. If I log into my internet provider website alone, I have no problem. Is this a Roku issue or an internet provider issue? This has never happened before. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: unable to log in to subscribed channel

Is the Internet provider also your TV provider?  I ask because I've never seen an app that asks you to log in with an internet provider, and I can't imagine why they would care about an internet (only) provider.  Normally apps like this want you to log into your TV provider so they can check that you are already paying for the content.

0 Kudos
juliefitman
Reel Rookie

Hi...yes, we have Verizon Fios. I'm not sure why it wants me to log into my Fios account when I try to log into the station. I'm not sure if it's a glitch with the app. I pay extra for the channel through Roku and right now, there is a little lock symbol for the stations available on that app (mind you, I've been using that app/channel for months without difficulty)

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Do you have a TV subscription with Verizon?

0 Kudos
juliefitman
Reel Rookie

Yes

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.