Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Moodyflyboy

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on the ABC New Live app or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel ABC New Live app and then re-install it again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support,

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I don’t understand the solution posted. The link takes you to the general Roku home page.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Richardraft

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us first about your concern? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
smithm2153

Jump to solution

There’s no article on the link when I click it. I’m having this problem and would like help on how to fix it.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @smithm2153,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What kind of issue are you experiencing?
  • What Roku model device are you using?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Msandell

Jump to solution

IDK about the person who posted two weeks ago but ever since the update came out on the 2nd this has been happening to me, but only for the TV channel apps like cooking channel, Discovery, food network, etc.  YouTube and Netflix are fine.  And I know it's not a problem with my discovery subscription because I'm able to use the apps on my phone and tablet just fine.  Model number 3810X Roku streaming stick+.  No error messages or codes, it just either crashes and goes back to the Roku home screen, or crashes entirely and restarts with the bouncing letters.  Supposedly the apps themselves are up to date, too.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Msandell

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
ABrull

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the same problem with ABC channel. I uninstalled the channel, restarted the system and installed the channel again but the channel is still crashing. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @ABrull

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
pbauez

Jump to solution

we have the same problem.  we are going to youtube, and it crashes after 3 minutes and goes to roku.  able to catch the derby but missed them going into the gate or the post race commentary.  a new feature, never had this problem before

0 Kudos