Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noah9
Reel Rookie

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

I have owned Roku's 2 and 3 in the past but my new Roku 4 Ultra has been crashing after playing a show for about a minute while connected to the Acorn channel. This has happened almost every other day now.

A white snowy screen appears on the TV and the Roku will then automatically restart. Can you tell me if this if a defective product ?

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
Lacawana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After trying to troubleshoot for over 10 months, then reading all of the tales of woes on here even with upgrading to newer models, I decided to go with another product - Amazon Fire Stick.  I never looked back. It is amazingly fast and no crashing issues at all.  This is with a 2007 TV, which I thought I might have to replace with a smart TV in order to stream.  Nope, TV is fine. My streaming is wonderful.  I am leaving the Roku community at lightening speed........

Aaguirre

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue my roku premier keeps crashing on xfinity when I start it up. I have restarted and wiped it clean and still nothing, please advice how to fix. I se others are having the same issue but i try the link above to solve the issue but the link is broken

0 Kudos
BillV4848
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and found a fix. I just checked it just now to see if it worked or not and it did. Go to Settings, then System, then Control other devices and UNCHECK 1-touch play. For some reason this does it. I have a Smart Soundbar connected to a dumb LG TV. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
MommaGigi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm suffering the same thing. Mine also crashes when I hi my back button to get to the main menu in app. The fix link here is broken and says it's not found. Any ideas?

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @MommaGigi

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 
Does the issue you're experiencing only happens on a specific channel or across the channels on your Roku device? Please let us know as well how your Roku player is powered. Is it connected to the USB port at the back of your TV or to a wall outlet? 

In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

We suggest using the included power cord and power adapter then plug your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MommaGigi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's a JVC Roku TV so it's plugged into the wall. It's across all channels. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Appreciate the prompt reply, @MommaGigi

Can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku TV model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LoveBot2

Jump to solution

I have read through the comments and everyone who has replied with these specifics didn’t get any help. What’s the point in asking if you’re not going to reply with a solution. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@LoveBot2 wrote:

I have read through the comments and everyone who has replied with these specifics didn’t get any help. What’s the point in asking if you’re not going to reply with a solution. 

You dont know they didnt get any help, since these posts were 3-20 months ago and most people dont return to post if their problem was fixed (unfortunately).

Speaking of pointless posting - whats the point in posting if you dont state your problem/issue (with Roku device information preferred to make it much easier to address)?

0 Kudos