Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ntulley

Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution
Since an update, I think, last night. No matter what channel I am on, Roku will randomly crash and go back to the Roku screen. It will remain on this screen until I turn off my TB for a few minutes. Then I can finally get back to the home screen. This happens several times since last night.
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution
Hi there

Thanks for reaching out. Please follow the steps outlined here to help update your device:
https://support.roku.com/article/115012351368

This should help get things back on track. Please let us know if you are still encountering an issue after performing a system update.

Thanks,
Tanner

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe that this issue will be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
108 REPLIES 108
Whit1018ad

Jump to solution
Have you purchased the new pokemon games for nintendo switch by chance? Apparently there's a signal issue that it affecting roku players unless the game is played in airplane mode
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
This is happening with mine too. I don’t own a switch but from what I’m seeing, the game is sending out signals and the TVs are picking up the signals. Since the tv isn’t meant to pick up the signal and doesn’t know what to do with it, it crashes
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi there

Thanks for reaching out. Please follow the steps outlined here to help update your device:
https://support.roku.com/article/115012351368

This should help get things back on track. Please let us know if you are still encountering an issue after performing a system update.

Thanks,
Tanner
Lacawana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku stick has been doing this as well. It doesn’t matter what channel I’m on. It freezes then turns Green with little white lines and after a few moments goes back to the bounces Roku words before slipping back to Home Screen. It’s very annoying as it often loses the place I’m watching on my show and I have to fast forward to what I think is the spot. It’s been happening for over 10 months now. I’ve rebooted the stick (it’s plugged in the electricity) and the software is up to date.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lacawana 

Thanks for the post.

Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does this issue happen on all channels?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Lacawana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This started happening just on Netflix So I thought that it was a Netflix issue but then it happened on Hulu and it also happened on acorn TV. I am thinking that it may be the Roku.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lacawana 

Thanks for the information.

What Roku model device are you using and how are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lacawana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a 3500x and the Roku is plugged into an electric outlet

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lacawana 

Thanks for the information.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos