Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheonki

Cracking sound when playing content on Hulu and MAX channel

I don’t have a smart tv, simply an old Roku attached to my tv. I’ve noticed the speakers keep sounding like they’re blowing out. My tv is older, so I was convinced it was the tv, but I realized if I switch from Hulu or max where it happened over to YouTube the sound is just fine. Anyone had something similar happen?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cracking sound when playing content on Hulu and MAX channel

Hi @sheonki,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We are here to assist you. If you are using external speakers, please try restarting them briefly to see if that resolves the issue. Additionally, if the problem is related to specific content on certain channels, try removing the channel, restarting the device, and then reinstalling the channel.

For additional troubleshooting, you can check our support page here on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

We hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.