Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MARGO2561
Binge Watcher

Re: The Roku Channel does not play anything

Had this problem for months… sick and tired of them asking for the same info over and over…have been told to keep checking for updates. Stupidly I bought 4 Roku tvs… never again…. Hope anyone searching the net for advice on whether to buy these tvs see these posts and don’t buy one! Obviously their tech department aren’t up to the job….absolutely useless!

0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

It took me 3 months and some longer. What got their attention was, we posted on a channel not controlled by Roku. It could be twitter or whatever.  They control the narrative on the community, we are on now, so nothing gets done. Just like a dog chasing its tail.

SierraGray
Binge Watcher

I only know of one person that purchased a TV and it started on hers, I think she said 16-18 months. Most of these people have not posted in a month, so I am assuming theirs started to work as mine did. If you do have a problem, don't post here, but on Twitter or some other platform. They control the narrative on the Community. 

0 Kudos
MARGO2561
Binge Watcher

Hi Sierra…..I have been about 5 months now….. on 4 tvs…..I will start putting this problem out on FB and X….see if that puts a foot up their arse! Cheers!

SierraGray
Binge Watcher

Good luck.

scotthi
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel: nothing will play

It worked for me on all browsers.

0 Kudos
MARGO2561
Binge Watcher

Glad it worked for you…..but I have had this on going for months….with 4 Roku tvs…..the tech department is definitely NOT up to scratch, this should have been sorted ages ago, and it’s not only me that has this problem.

0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

Have you purchased anything thru Roku, like MLB as an example. I did not, so if you have not, that might be the connection on why we lost content. Mine and others only came back because we complained on other web sites, not Roku. Good luck on getting a response from Roku. You might use a local TV station that have a complaint department. Roku will respond when it hurts their brand. 

0 Kudos
cvertu
Channel Surfer

I cannot watch anything on the Roku Channel either. Removing & reinstalling the channel app or restarting the router/Roku device makes no difference.

Model : 3941RW2 - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number : X02200JUUV6W (S0HCK2CUUV6W)

Software version : 12.0.0 ● build 4184-E4

GC version : 9.5.513

Timestamp : 2023-09-01T08:29:29Z

0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

Don't go thru the frustration of expecting this site to solve the content problem. The community is a Roku run site. Roku controls what goes thru the Roku device. They just turn off the functionality for content for your site. If it were a software or equipment issue, the content problem would affect say Amazon or Hulu sites. Your best bet is to go to another site to vent your frustration. Twitter or one like that site would work.  I found a complaint site, but that was 2+ months ago. I lost that site. Mine and others came back as mysteriously as it stopped working.  Good luck.