Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Thanks for the update, @TVwatcherToo.

As per backtracking, we haven't received any information. Would you mind resending it via PM here at the Roku Community? To send a private message, click the user's name beside the icon, and you will be redirected to the user's profile. There, you will see "Send this user a private message."

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

Roku Channel stilll not working.

0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
CommunityLeader
Binge Watcher

Before my condo changed to fiber, most content on the Roku channel didn't work for me. Then when we switched to fiber, it all worked fine.

Roku, like many companies, uses whitelists and blacklists for IP addresses. Roku is opaque (to say the least) in explaining any of this on any level.

I'm assuming that before I got fiber that my internet connection wasn't on the whitelist for Roku content.

I recall an experience like the one you're describing.  Most Roku Channel programs simply did not load and returned me to the channel page without explanation. We used to have a leased connection which probably was "verboten" by Roku. I never really liked Roku Channel so I didn't actually care. But it does make me wonder how many thousands (tens of thousands, more?) are blocked from access and simply never realize it.

Do you have a non-standard or commercial internet connection?

0 Kudos
corbanjoel
Reel Rookie

I have a fire stick for my tvs and i have the roku channel on them but this morning neither would play the content.  The roku channel comes on but none of the channels will play their content.  I watch roku daily and would like to know if you are having a problem right now and if it will be resolved soon.  Thanks. Also one of the k-channels was abruptly taken off.  Please bring it back I watch all the k-channels and Asian channels.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @corbanjoel,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'd like to take a closer look into it.

Are you seeing any error messages every time you access content? We would also recommend removing, restarting, and reinstalling the app to see if there are differences.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

Well I don't know what would be considered non-standard internet connection but it's residential, no reason for it to be cosidered commercial.

Roku channel still refuses to play any shows, just stays on the episode selector screen regardless of which program.

0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

A few months now and my Roku Channel still does not play, my Roku is a paper weight.  When will Roku Channel work?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @TVwatcherToo,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Does the issue occur on only this channel, multiple channels, or all channels?
  • A specific movie or TV show (season and episode) is an example where the issue occurs.
  • If possible, video and/or pictures of the issue.
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos