Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBurto

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Model: 3940RW2 - Roku Express 4K

Serial number; X02200RGG742 (S0HDK2DGG742)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-E4

GC version: 9.4.521

Timestamp: 2023-07-20T23:07:55Z

ID 42-289-387

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @JBurto,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

You are one, of several Community Moderators, that has said the same thing the last several weeks.

Rudie1980
Reel Rookie

My Roku Channel shows also will not play. It has been like this for several weeks. I click on shows and they do nothing but sit on the show's home page.

• Roku device model: Roku Premiere
  • Serial number: YH00GF699808
  • Device ID: JF299G699808
  • Software OS/version: 12.0.0, BUILD 4184-91
  • IP address: 192.168.0.6
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? ONLY Roku Channel. Version 9.3. Build 10.
  • tracker ID: 08-290-530
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing: Opening Roku, selecting ANY show I want to watch, trying to play show. The show does not open. The main show screen sits there and does nothing.
  • where are you currently located: Virginia
  • who is your ISP (internet service provider): Shentel
  • are you using a VPN: No

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rudie1980,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for providing the information. Please be advised that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

Community Moderators are not the answer.  What is needed is a direct Roku contact that might be willing to address our concerns. If Roku wanted to help, this would have been resolved months ago.

Easleym

IMG_3877.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Easleym,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for your device information. We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Regards,

Chel,

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
duncan4msu
Reel Rookie

I see several recent posts that people ROKU channel programing will not load but I see no answers to why from support. I have 3 devices, the newest is a year old. None will allow the programing to load. Why go to all the trouble of giving out device information I prefer not to give when I see no answers. Furthermore it appears the issues are on ROKUS end, not the customers devices. My issues started with in the last week. Prior to that I had NEVER had an issue watching programing on The ROKU Channel. 

Can you please offer simple answers? Is there issues with the ROKU Channel?

Rudie1980
Reel Rookie

Agreed. And only certain devices allow you to contact a support member, otherwise you're sent to the community. It would be nice to have a resolution. It will not work on any of my Roku players.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.