Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenP

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

I’m also having the same issue. Really frustrating when wanting to see a movie. Please give us an update as soon as possible. Thank you 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for patience while we continue to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that we did release an update that we believe helped resolve the issue for some customers.

If you are still experiencing an issue with playing content on The Roku Channel, please provide us with the following information on this new thread:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, software OS/version, and IP address (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing
  • where are you currently located
  • who is your ISP (internet service provider)
  • are you using a VPN

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deviousin10tion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Rey, I’ve manually uninstalled and reinstalled, checked updates, cleared cache, and restarted everything from my router to the Roku. I’ve tried a different network and still the same thing.

I open The Roku Channel and choose any show press OK to get to the selection then choose play Season X Episode X it says please wait the screen flashes and your right back waiting to press play Season X Episode X this is going on 3 days now.

Model:3931RW - Roku Express+

Serial:X00400AV9V5A (S01230DV9V5A)

Software version: 1.2.00 build 4184-AE

GC version: 9.3.516

tracker ID 5A-256-398 

WarrenInAfrica
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 3x Roku 4230x (all doing the same thing)

Here is one of the Roku details:

Serial: 4E653T056939

Software version 12.0.0. build 4184-04

I have done the following to no avail:

1. Removed Roku channel, rebooted Roku and reloaded channel

2. Switched off Roku, router and Fibre ONT for 5 minutes and rebooted

3. Reset 1 Roku above

4. I changed VPN IP address and also removed the VPN

5. All other channels work perfectly, it is ONLY the Roku channel which does not

ALL TITLES in roku channel when play is selected, revert back to the title & nothing happens.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @WarrenInAfrica,

Thanks for the additional information about this. In addition to it. Could you also provide the details below?

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Deviousin10tion,

Thanks for the additional details. Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
knobby

Roku Channel shows aren't loading

Jump to solution

Roku Channel on a Roku TV won't play shows.  If you try to play any episode of any show it just brings you back to the previous page over and over again.  Has been going on 3 days now.  Tried resetting tv to factory settings, tried uninstalling and reinstalling Roku channel.  Nothing works.  Anybody have this problem and a solution that actually works?

Stormy88

Re: Roku Channel shows aren't loading

Jump to solution

Most channels aren't loading.  They just keep buffering.  Has been happening for a few days.

mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku channel seems OK here. Watching outer limits right now.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @knobby,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku channel since it will not play any episodes or shows. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos